British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Preliminary checks (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/preliminary-checks-541848/)

Beetrooper Jun 8th 2008 6:55 am

Preliminary checks

Hi,

Does anyone know what these are?

As after you have had your EOI selected it states that they will be conducting preliminary checks?

Any one know?

squiddley Jun 8th 2008 7:45 am

Re: Preliminary checks

Hi
we have also just had our EOI selected,so i assume they are checking and verifying the information that was submitted....:blink:

Beetrooper Jun 8th 2008 10:14 am

Originally Posted by squiddley (Post 6446350)
Hi
we have also just had our EOI selected,so i assume they are checking and verifying the information that was submitted....:blink:

I was wondering how indepth they go as I assumed they check everything thouroughly once you get an ITA.

So do they just verify like nationality, passports, birth certificates to to prove who you are? and maybe your qualifications are true?

We are in North Lincolnshire where are you Squiddley?

squiddley Jun 8th 2008 11:02 am

Hi we are in North East Lincs, I assume that they check everything that you wrote down on the form:)

howden40 Jun 9th 2008 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by squiddley (Post 6446711)
Hi we are in North East Lincs, I assume that they check everything that you wrote down on the form:)

We couldn't figure out what the Preliminary checks were as you need to submit evidence of points claimed etc. We did our EOI online
Pauline

Persephone Jun 9th 2008 8:13 pm

I haven't found anywhere which states what the preliminary checks involve. I assumed they just check that everything adds up, dates etc. I know they didn't contact either of my two employers that I'm claiming work experience for to check on me before sending out an ITA.
Sorry can't really help :p

BEVS Jun 11th 2008 12:31 am

The prelim checks look at the information you submitted on your EOI. In particular they will be interested in the points you have claimed.

For instance, they look at the qualifications you may have claimed points for against the skilled occupation you have listed. If the quallies do not check off against their list of recognised qualifications , then they would come back to you asking for an NZQA PAR or for further information. You are given a set period of time to provide that info/proof.

If you have submitted with a job offer, they will contact the NZ employer and then check to see that the salary you are offered matches the current labour force rate .

Should they feel the work exp. does not seem quite there, then they would dig further.

According to a news item on their site a while back, the NZIS now do more checking at the Prelim stage than they used to do. This is to give a quicker turn round from ITA stage to PR.

Beetrooper Jun 11th 2008 8:50 am

Originally Posted by BEVS here (Post 6455108)
The prelim checks look at the information you submitted on your EOI. In particular they will be interested in the points you have claimed.

For instance, they look at the qualifications you may have claimed points for against the skilled occupation you have listed. If the quallies do not check off against their list of recognised qualifications , then they would come back to you asking for an NZQA PAR or for further information. You are given a set period of time to provide that info/proof.

If you have submitted with a job offer, they will contact the NZ employer and then check to see that the salary you are offered matches the current labour force rate .

Should they feel the work exp. does not seem quite there, then they would dig further.

According to a news item on their site a while back, the NZIS now do more checking at the Prelim stage than they used to do. This is to give a quicker turn round from ITA stage to PR.

Many thanks for this Bev