British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Pregnant/EWRB Electrician/Which Visa/Healthcare???? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/pregnant-ewrb-electrician-visa-healthcare-591018/)

rainyandtom Feb 12th 2009 12:29 pm

Pregnant/EWRB Electrician/Which Visa/Healthcare????

hello need advise wondering if anyone else in same situation????!!!:blink:

we have sent our paperwork to EWRB electricial board NZ to be assesssed and hopefully they will grant us a provisional licence- been told bout 6 week wait, then once we get an ok(fingers crossed) we have been led to believe that we then get ourselves ova to NZ do the courses required and get a job offer then apply for visa..........................

thing is i have now fallen pregnant, :rofl:

do you know if when they grant provisional licence EWRB how long is it valid for?

and will i be able to do working hol visa while pregnant?

what are the healthcare costs for baby?

will it affect our visa at the final stages(thinkin ahead)

will i be entitled to health care while there to have the baby there?

if you could answer that for us that would be great we are a little confused now - obviously we are still awaiting outcome from EWRB but need to know where we stand

thankyou
Rainy

alchris Feb 12th 2009 7:49 pm

Re: Pregnant/EWRB Electrician/Which Visa/Healthcare????

Originally Posted by rainyandtom (Post 7277909)
hello need advise wondering if anyone else in same situation????!!!:blink:

we have sent our paperwork to EWRB electricial board NZ to be assesssed and hopefully they will grant us a provisional licence- been told bout 6 week wait, then once we get an ok(fingers crossed) we have been led to believe that we then get ourselves ova to NZ do the courses required and get a job offer then apply for visa..........................

once you have heard back from EWRB it will state what is required for the provisional and full licence. In order to gain the provisional you must sit a Health and Safety exam. Can be done in London with Nick Chandler. and get a job offer in the electrical field. The saftey course is valid for 12 months,

thing is i have now fallen pregnant, :rofl:

So you are a female sparky? :oIf this is the case then you will probably not be able to fulfil your visa requirements. Without a provisional licence you will only be granted a WTR visa. which usually means you have 9 months whilst in NZ to get the provisional and after 3 months work you can then apply for PR.
do you know if when they grant provisional licence EWRB how long is it valid for?

and will i be able to do working hol visa while pregnant?

what are the healthcare costs for baby?

will it affect our visa at the final stages(thinkin ahead)

will i be entitled to health care while there to have the baby there?

Think I read on here you will be entitled to heathcare with the appropriate visa WTR or PR

if you could answer that for us that would be great we are a little confused now - obviously we are still awaiting outcome from EWRB but need to know where we stand

thankyou
Rainy

Sorry I cant help with all your questions but hope I've helped a little
Congrats on your good news:thumbsup:
Chris