Pre-EOI Job offers ?

Old Aug 29th 2007, 1:48 am
Just Joined

toobed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pre-EOI Job offers ?

Hi everyone. Very helpful forum here and thanks to all those who've posted useful info, its helped alot in my whole decision process.

I'm thinking of lodging the EOI. I think I may make at least 100pts but there's some technicalities b/c my work exp and Uni. qualifications do not match at all. Furthermore I have experience in a couple fields that are only on the Areas of future need/development list.

My question is about getting offers of employment before lodging the EOI in order to get the extra 50pts. For those of you who have successfully done this..ie. applied for positions and had offers though you are not in NZ nor eligible to work there at that time: What is the best way to go about this? Recruiters? Job boards or directly contacting companies/individuals?
I know the best chance I have is to be there in person, but just wondering if I should keep trying online or just take my chances with the EOI.
FYI my exp. is in both IT and graphic design.

thanks in advance
Nick
Old Aug 29th 2007, 3:44 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Pre-EOI Job offers ?

Nick,

I would suggest that your chances of getting work would be far better if you came out here to New Zealand.

Good luck.