Pre Assessment Result (PAR)

Old Jan 11th 2015, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

Alinoman65 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pre Assessment Result (PAR)

Hello everybody,

This is noman (Structural Engineer ) from Pakistan. immigration to NZ is my dream and i am going to apply for PAR today but i got bit confuse about the following question.

I am holding 2-Years master & 4-years bachelor Degree from Pakistan. Do i need to assess both qualification separately OR i can assess my Masters Degree and provide bachelor as supporting qualification as both are obtained from same institution.

Seniors your quick response is required
Thanks in advance

BR
noman ali
Old Jan 11th 2015, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

joshbay84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pre Assessment Result (PAR)

Not sure if this helps, my partner had a 2 year masters and 3 years bachelors degree from India. We applied for IQA - for assessing BOTH the qualification (as part of single application - and you pay the same, no extra fees for additional qualification assessment). As part of the report, both qualifications were mentioned separately with respective points and levels.

I am not sure if you require NZQA Assessment, but if you do - it's better to apply for IQA straight away. We had applied for PAR and later had to apply for IQA as well.

Good luck with your process.
Old Jan 12th 2015, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by joshbay84
Not sure if this helps, my partner had a 2 year masters and 3 years bachelors degree from India. We applied for IQA - for assessing BOTH the qualification (as part of single application - and you pay the same, no extra fees for additional qualification assessment). As part of the report, both qualifications were mentioned separately with respective points and levels.

I am not sure if you require NZQA Assessment, but if you do - it's better to apply for IQA straight away. We had applied for PAR and later had to apply for IQA as well.

Thanks Mr.Josh for your help. Actually IQA costs more therefore at the moment for submission of EOI i want to go for PAR. Can any one tell me tell me if i go for my Masters assessment is it Ok to put Bachelor in supporting qualification. OR i have to assess bachelor first.

If i have to assess both in a separate qualification for PAR than it is better to do IQA.
I also contacted NZQA but did not get any response up till now.
Can any one share their experience so it is easy for me to take right decision.
Old Jan 12th 2015, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Think you can assess 4 individual qualifications per application.
Old Jan 12th 2015, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by escapedtonz
Think you can assess 4 individual qualifications per application.
qualification with One Fee ??
Old Jan 12th 2015, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

MrsFychan I think u want to say something but you deleted please guide me with your experience ..
Old Jan 13th 2015, 1:20 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hello
I take it you have checked that both your qualifications do need assessing?

As for whether you go for IQA or PAR, it depends on your preference and cash flow. As Joshbay said if you go for PAR and your EOI is selected and an ITA sent out then you will need to get an IQA in order to proceed with the application.
However if you don't get selected and you pay out for an IQA right from the start....

P
Old Jan 13th 2015, 2:01 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alinoman65
qualification with One Fee ??
Yes one fee per person but each person can have up to 4 qualifications assessed as far as I know.
Old Jan 13th 2015, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

Unhappy Re: Pre Assessment Result (PAR)

Originally Posted by Persephone
Hello
I take it you have checked that both your qualifications do need assessing?

As for whether you go for IQA or PAR, it depends on your preference and cash flow. As Joshbay said if you go for PAR and your EOI is selected and an ITA sent out then you will need to get an IQA in order to proceed with the application.
However if you don't get selected and you pay out for an IQA right from the start....

P
Persephone you mean i cant assess my Masters in PAR without assessment of Bachelor right ?
Old Jan 13th 2015, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

Actually I am getting 130 Points therefore i am also hunting for Job But it seems little difficult to get selected without job offer. However my skills listed on LTSS List ...

Conclusively at this stage IQA seems to me very costly if my EOI not get selected ..

Your suggestion are welcome
Old Jan 13th 2015, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Joshbay could you please let me know when you apply for PAR did you assess more than one qualification in a single application with one fee ?
Actually i am confused i want to assess my masters degree by keeping my bachelor as supporting qualification will it be Ok ?? as both qualification are not recognized ... please help
Old Jan 14th 2015, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

joshbay84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Alinoman65, No - I did not. I just accessed one qualification during PAR. For my partner, I went for straight IQA assessment for both Masters & Bachelors degree and we had to pay a single fee for the same. Am assuming that PAR might follow similar process and have a single fee, but not sure.
Old Jan 15th 2015, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

Hi Alinoman65, No - I did not. I just accessed one qualification during PAR. For my partner, I went for straight IQA assessment for both Masters & Bachelors degree and we had to pay a single fee for the same. Am assuming that PAR might follow similar process and have a single fee, but not sure.
Thanks Joshbay i just call NZQA about the matter they are also not sure about it .. however at the end we agree to submit Masters degree for PAR with Bachelor as supporting qualification as both acquired from same institute .
So i am going to do like this

BR
Noman ali
Old Jan 15th 2015, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

Is there any expiry date for PAR ??
Old Jan 19th 2015, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

Hi Joshbay could you please tell me can i include my wife qualification in one application if i apply for IQA ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.