PR Visa Travel Restrictions

Old Dec 3rd 2012, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default PR Visa Travel Restrictions

I didn't want to hijack another thread but was interested to read the below from Caz8NZ;

Originally Posted by Caz8NZ
Re requirements to stay in the country. the 6 months in each of the first 2 years apply in terms of travel restrictions on your visa. If, after 2 years, you have met that criteria - you are free to come and go as you please ...you could go back to the UK to live for a couple of years and then still have the entitlement to come back to New Zealand.

If you spent more than this time out of the country in the first 2 years, you would not have those travel restrictions lifted from your visa, and it would also take longer to obtain citizenship if that was what you plnned to do.
Having been 'approved in principle', I expect to have been granted my bluey before christmas, but I wont be arriving in New Zealand until the 1st of July 2013.

So my question is this;

With regards to the emboldened and underlined text in Caz's post, does the first of the two years start with the start date on my visa, or does it start on arrival in NZ?
Old Dec 3rd 2012, 5:42 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Visa Travel Restrictions

from my understanding it starts when you first enter NZ and you have time restriction on entry from date of visa issue.
sure someone will be along with a link to show that
Old Dec 3rd 2012, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute

yes its a minimum of 183 days in each of the two years before Residency visa changes to Permanent Residency Visa.

Just another question on the back of this, if you changed jobs or careers during this two years, will this affect your visa changing to Permanent Residency Visa, or they only bothered about the time you have spent in NZ.
Old Dec 4th 2012, 4:45 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TommyLuck
With regards to the emboldened and underlined text in Caz's post, does the first of the two years start with the start date on my visa, or does it start on arrival in NZ?
The two years starts on arrival in NZ.
Old Dec 4th 2012, 4:47 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ellenarosemary
will this affect your visa changing to Permanent Residency Visa,
No, provided you comply with any other visa restrictions when you change employer, ie get the new employer/job substituted on the visa for example, the time period is just that.
Old Dec 4th 2012, 5:42 am
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute

The condition 49(1) was removed as my husband had worked for minimum 3 months and fulfilled the requirements of 49(1) - which as far as I am aware was the only condition. The company name and job description wasnt mentioned on the visa although we got PR based on his job offer, so dont know if this applies or not.

He would like to change jobs/occupation, but needs to be sure what is required at the 2 year point in case he jeopardises it.
Old Dec 4th 2012, 6:00 am
It is what it is Member

Originally Posted by ellenarosemary
The condition 49(1) was removed as my husband had worked for minimum 3 months and fulfilled the requirements of 49(1) - which as far as I am aware was the only condition. The company name and job description wasnt mentioned on the visa although we got PR based on his job offer, so dont know if this applies or not.

He would like to change jobs/occupation, but needs to be sure what is required at the 2 year point in case he jeopardises it.
Provided he has been in NZ for the minimum number of days in each year of the 2yr period he is all good :-)
Old Dec 4th 2012, 6:03 am
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonsi
The two years starts on arrival in NZ.
Smashing. Cheers
Old Dec 4th 2012, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond repute

hmmm i was looking for some more information on changing from resident to permanent resident and then read this on the immi website

If you have been issued a resident visa under the Immigration Act 2009 (on or after 29 November 2010), the expiry date of your travel conditions is indicated by the 'Expiry date travel' on your visa label. If you were granted a residence visa or permit under the Immigration Act 1987 (before 29 November 2010), your travel conditions expire on the date indicated on your returning resident's visa label.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...nnz/residents/

this is under the paragraph about leaving NZ for a trip or holiday - I think its one to watch out for if like TommyLuck - you will get the sticker way ahead of arriving - so the travel restrictions will be for 2 years from the date of it being granted and.........

If your travel conditions have already expired or will expire before you come back to New Zealand, you should make an application to either vary your travel conditions or to obtain a permanent resident visa.

BUT the 2 years will definitely be from the date of arrival into the country..........

So another excerpt from immi

To be eligible for a permanent resident visa the principal applicant in your original residence application must:
hold a resident visa, or have held one in the last three months
hold, or have held, that resident visa for at least two years continuously
have met any conditions that your resident visa was subject to under section 49(1) of the Immigration Act, and
have met one of five commitment to New Zealand criteria set out below.

So - details of the five commitment criteria are here: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...quirements.htm

there's a lot of information so i'm not going to post it all on here but the categories are:

1. You have spent enough time in New Zealand
2. You have tax residence status
3. Investment in New Zealand
4. Business in New Zealand
5. Established base in New Zealand
Old Dec 5th 2012, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wicked.

Cheers.