British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   PR versus Work Permit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/pr-versus-work-permit-514521/)

banshigirl Feb 15th 2008 8:16 am

PR versus Work Permit

Hi all,

I have been concentrating on getting a PR but the company Hubby has job offer for wants him over there some time in May.

So now that we have got the ball rolling with the PR, I understand we can continue that when we are over there. I now think we should get a normal work permit so that we can get there quicker or on time!

But trying to find the form on NZIS I seem to be just going round in a loop and can't locate the actual form.

Could any of you help with a link please?

Maz Feb 15th 2008 8:38 am

Re: PR versus Work Permit

Hmmmm.... well this is the page for forms and guides. I can't actually get the page for "Work Forms & Guides" to open right now, just get a "Page Loading" thing. Gave up. ;) :p

banshigirl Feb 15th 2008 9:41 am

Thanks Maz, that's brilliant.:D

I have located the form and have sharpen the pencil ready for the next round of form filling!:p

Have some Karma.:D

Maz Feb 15th 2008 9:43 am

Originally Posted by banshigirl (Post 5936119)
Thanks Maz, that's brilliant.:D

I have located the form and have sharpen the pencil ready for the next round of form filling!:p

Have some Karma.:D

Sweet as! Thanks for the karma. :) x

lardyl Feb 16th 2008 11:56 am

Originally Posted by banshigirl (Post 5935764)
Hi all,...
So now that we have got the ball rolling with the PR, I understand we can continue that when we are over there. I now think we should get a normal work permit so that we can get there quicker or on time!

that's exactly what we did......after probs with meds (on the part of a blood testing lab!)
anyway, if you have kids you will also need student visa (for kids of school ages) and visitors visa for any pre-schoolers.....
I know you will probably have done this but - to get things moving send your hubby's job offer by fax to the London office together with your reference numbers - they will then fast-track the PR application and get you a case officer. You can then proceed with the application once you arrive in NZ - we used our local branch and got the original docs sent from London to our NZ rental via recorded delivry.
Good luck!

ned Feb 16th 2008 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by banshigirl (Post 5935764)
PR versus Work Permit

Theres only one way to settle this : FIGHT:eek: :eek: :eek:

I'll get my coat :confused:

banshigirl Feb 18th 2008 9:09 am

Originally Posted by lardyl (Post 5941047)
that's exactly what we did......after probs with meds (on the part of a blood testing lab!)
anyway, if you have kids you will also need student visa (for kids of school ages) and visitors visa for any pre-schoolers.....
I know you will probably have done this but - to get things moving send your hubby's job offer by fax to the London office together with your reference numbers - they will then fast-track the PR application and get you a case officer. You can then proceed with the application once you arrive in NZ - we used our local branch and got the original docs sent from London to our NZ rental via recorded delivry.
Good luck!

Hi Lardyl

Thanks for this. We have been picked from the pool, so regarding your suggestion of faxing contract over to NZ London, do I just fax with covering letter or should I send the work permit form too?

Thanks in advance for your help.:D

lardyl Feb 18th 2008 10:09 am

Originally Posted by banshigirl (Post 5948019)
Hi Lardyl

Thanks for this. We have been picked from the pool, so regarding your suggestion of faxing contract over to NZ London, do I just fax with covering letter or should I send the work permit form too?

by "work permit" what do you mean??
in our case the employer was accredited so we just faxed the letter from employer with job offer in it - somewhere at the london branch website is the recommendation to do this and the fax no - I can dig it out if you are stuck.....;)

banshigirl Feb 18th 2008 11:31 am

Because I don't think we will get our PR by Mayish I thought it would be quicker to get work permit and then carry on PR when we get there.

So do you think we will get PR if I fax over the job offer with our EoI number or should I go for work permit?