PR - Returning to work in NZ

Old May 11th 2015, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

PaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to all
Default PR - Returning to work in NZ

I have lived and worked in NZ for over 8 years with my wife from October 2005 to February 2014. Since February 2014 we have been back in UK working and living. I have been offered the chance to go back to NZ to work for 5 months and I am keen to take up the opportunity.

I would be travelling on my own with my wife coming to join me at the end of the 5 months for a 1 month holiday. Both my wife and I have permanent residents visas in our passports. I am fully aware of the income tax restrictions etc. I would just like to make sure that I will have no problems in getting back through immigration.

Thanks
Old May 12th 2015, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

autawa is a jewel in the roughautawa is a jewel in the roughautawa is a jewel in the roughautawa is a jewel in the roughautawa is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: PR - Returning to work in NZ

Originally Posted by PaulGent
I have lived and worked in NZ for over 8 years with my wife from October 2005 to February 2014. Since February 2014 we have been back in UK working and living. I have been offered the chance to go back to NZ to work for 5 months and I am keen to take up the opportunity.

I would be travelling on my own with my wife coming to join me at the end of the 5 months for a 1 month holiday. Both my wife and I have permanent residents visas in our passports. I am fully aware of the income tax restrictions etc. I would just like to make sure that I will have no problems in getting back through immigration.

Thanks
Hi there

I was in NZ or 5 years, had my permanent residency, i went to OZ and back to the UK for 3 years in total, came back and got in no problem, no questions asked at all, been back 4 years now
Old May 12th 2015, 10:39 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Both of you have Permanent Resident Visas which allow you to enter NZ as residents indefinitely and also work. There have been no changes in the rules recently so you should be fine.
good luck with the job!
Old May 12th 2015, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

This is our possible situation where we would like to spend some time in the UK, but have the ability to return to NZ say in 5-10 years time.

Currently hold permanent residency.