British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   PR granted in principle! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/pr-granted-principle-595998/)

pastyfoot Mar 7th 2009 10:50 am

PR granted in principle!

Hi everyone.

Well, the magic letter came through yesterday, I have been granted PR (thru partnership) after I pay the Levy and fill out a question I missed (doh!). Kinda funny, finding out this is all I have to do after the worry about passed heart murmurs and the rest of it! It took less than 4 weeks for them to make a decision, my case officer must have decided there and then really! Was a pleasant surprise! Everyone still waiting or travelling along the rocky road to emmigration - keep at it and good luck, it's a great feeling at the end (and worth it), and thanks to everyone who gave me their advice! And as the kiwi's say; "Time to skull some p*ss!" :rofl:

over50 Mar 9th 2009 5:57 pm

Re: PR granted in principle!

Congratulations and good luck.
Steve and Dee.:thumbup:

teebrown Mar 9th 2009 7:18 pm

Congratulations, well done, what a feeling.

Good luck for the future :D

over50 Mar 9th 2009 8:15 pm

Incase I miss you have a great flight Teebrown and stay safe, good luck in NZ.:thumbsup:
Steve and Dee

BEVS Mar 11th 2009 2:24 am

All good stuff :)

ajayshah Mar 11th 2009 2:33 am

Originally Posted by pastyfoot (Post 7354037)
Hi everyone.

Well, the magic letter came through yesterday, I have been granted PR (thru partnership) after I pay the Levy and fill out a question I missed (doh!). Kinda funny, finding out this is all I have to do after the worry about passed heart murmurs and the rest of it! It took less than 4 weeks for them to make a decision, my case officer must have decided there and then really! Was a pleasant surprise! Everyone still waiting or travelling along the rocky road to emmigration - keep at it and good luck, it's a great feeling at the end (and worth it), and thanks to everyone who gave me their advice! And as the kiwi's say; "Time to skull some p*ss!" :rofl:

brilliant news! where are you going to settle in NZ? My wife and I have just got to auckland, I am waiting for my letter of job offer before I apply for PR from here. I hope my experience goes as smoothly as yours did..

Congratulations!

pastyfoot Mar 12th 2009 12:13 pm

Down Hamilton way because OH's family live in Morrinsville, and maybe there'll be more job opps in and around Hamilton, and is a short drive to the beach at Rags! Sure you'll have no probs getting PR from over there. All the best! :thumbsup:

helenlhoppy Mar 12th 2009 8:23 pm

Hi and congratulations!! You must be so excited, I'll have a large one for you tonight!! ;)

MooMoo290373 Mar 12th 2009 8:59 pm

Congratulations:thumbsup::thumbsup: