Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

PR Granted - Blue stickers in my passport!

PR Granted - Blue stickers in my passport!

Old Dec 28th 2008, 6:03 pm
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute
Default PR Granted - Blue stickers in my passport!

Last Monday (22nd Dec.) we got our Permanent Residencies and RRV. They had in fact been granted back in September but as I was already working in Wellington on a three year work visa I had a choice of sending my passport back to London for the stickers, or waiting till Christmas to get them put in when I came back to visit the family.

I have to say that the whole process was pretty straightforward, and that NZIS were very helpful and supportive as well as prompt.

My tip to anyone in a similar situation to me would be to go for PR as soon as you can if you think you are going to stay because you can reuse the Police checks and more costly, the medicals that you need for a work visa (within a time limit – 3 months for the medicals and 6 for the police check). This cuts out on many hundreds if not thousands of pounds (I have a family of 6 so the costs are higher!). The only further restriction was to get a letter from my current employer stating I had been with them for over 3 months.

OK so the PR process also costs quite a bit BUT in my case this will be offset quickly by me being able to get Kiwisaver pension contributions from my employer and the government, as well as other benefits, such as being able to be employed by other employers if necessary.

….oh and of course we are now only 5 years away from being proper Kiwi citizens!

Old Dec 28th 2008, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

kiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nice
Default Re: PR Granted - Blue stickers in my passport!

Well done it is always good to have PR.

D
Old Dec 28th 2008, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to behold

Thats brilliant news Jan, how is it going in the UK ? Did you all have a good Christmas.
Steph.
Old Dec 28th 2008, 7:36 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Christmas karma for those lovely blue stickers in your passports.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 10:06 am
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kimi-Deacon
Thats brilliant news Jan, how is it going in the UK ? Did you all have a good Christmas.
Steph.
Hi Steph and Mike....well it's flipping COLD here but I've had a great time with the family....but tell you what England is so crowded and frankly miserable at the moment I can't wait to come 'home'.