PR declined

Old Mar 21st 2012, 5:57 am
Just Joined

rahimpal is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face PR declined

Hi PR Application has been declined...does it mean that either me or my parter wont get even a student visa if we prefer to study in NZ?
Old Mar 21st 2012, 6:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR declined

I expect it would depend greatly on why you were declined. I don't think that no means never, it just means sorry, 'not this time'.

You can of course appeal the PR decision if you feel that the outcome was not fair or you have something further to add that might make them change their mind. Perhaps a change of circumstances, more information or if you can add other additional supporting evidence that may help them make a more favourable decision.

Otherwise consider also a longer term approach and work on improving your qualifications, language skills or whatever else it was that prevented you from being successful this time around.
Old Mar 21st 2012, 6:42 am
Just Joined

Hi Jangles,

Thanks for ur reply.. my contract was teriminated so i lost 60points....

that was the reason for declining..... now im developing my skills and gaining some exp so that it would help me in future..
Old Mar 21st 2012, 11:29 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

You state your contract was terminated. Which visa are you currently in NZ on out of interest.

To be a student here in NZ, it would mean international student fees.
Old Mar 22nd 2012, 5:06 am
Just Joined

i was on student visa then on work visa....left nz after contract terminated
Old Mar 26th 2012, 2:22 pm
Just Joined

kramvi is an unknown quantity at this point

I am wondering what happens if a contract terminates. Does the individual have some time in New Zealand to look for another employer? I am applying for Permanent Residence on a job offer basis. Now if for some time, during the first three months it doesn't work out between me and the employer what happens then?