British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   PR APPROVED!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/pr-approved-695225/)

Kezzar Nov 29th 2010 7:25 pm

PR APPROVED!!!

We've been told today that our Residency visa's have been approved and should be with us tomorrow!! :thumbsup:

Phew...what a relief! We were very impressed with NZ immigration, they have been fantastic! :D

We off to Wellington next Thursday! So nervous. :eek:

I just wanted to share our news as we are really excited!

Warm weather here we come :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

carly5511 Nov 29th 2010 7:39 pm

Re: PR APPROVED!!!

:thumbsup:Well Done!!! :thumbsup:

Time for the fun bit now!

Carly xxx

Kezzar Nov 29th 2010 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by carly5511 (Post 9011092)
:thumbsup:Well Done!!! :thumbsup:

Time for the fun bit now!

Carly xxx

Thanks Carly. We a little nervous about starting from scratch and not knowing anyone but I'm sure we'll get there eventually. :D

carly5511 Nov 29th 2010 7:51 pm

How big is the smile on your face going to be when you arrive though eh?! I feel sorry for the immigration personnel at Auckland. When I fly in I'm going to be a giggling idiot that wants to hug everyone!! They'll probably send me back to the UK to calm down!

I am so so happy for you though. Enjoy it!! xxx

Kezzar Nov 29th 2010 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by carly5511 (Post 9011116)
How big is the smile on your face going to be when you arrive though eh?! I feel sorry for the immigration personnel at Auckland. When I fly in I'm going to be a giggling idiot that wants to hug everyone!! They'll probably send me back to the UK to calm down!

I am so so happy for you though. Enjoy it!! xxx

Ha! Ha! Ha! I think I'd much rather be welcoming a 'giggling idiot' than some grumpy idiot!

I can't wait to actually have the visa's in our hands!! It's all so real now!

When do you fly?

New life, here we come
:thumbsup:

Tray Nov 29th 2010 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by Kezzar (Post 9011068)
We've been told today that our Residency visa's have been approved and should be with us tomorrow!! :thumbsup:

Phew...what a relief! We were very impressed with NZ immigration, they have been fantastic! :D

We off to Wellington next Thursday! So nervous. :eek:

I just wanted to share our news as we are really excited!

Warm weather here we come :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Congratulations:thumbup: I'm sure you'll meet lots of friendly people in Wellington. We arrived to beautiful sunshine last February & also left thick snow behind...it was/is great:rofl:

Celticknight Nov 29th 2010 8:55 pm

Congratulations from us Too :thumbsup:

RobDon Nov 29th 2010 9:09 pm

And us!! :thumbsup::thumbup::thumbsup:

Kezzar Nov 30th 2010 5:41 pm

Passports arrived today with VISA'S!! :thumbsup:

Perhaps someone can explain to me, what does it mean 'visa valid for travel for 24months from first arrival'? I gather that means we can come and go as we please holiday wise. What happens after that then? :confused:

carly5511 Nov 30th 2010 9:19 pm

I have no idea! Sorry! I just thought I'd let you know that I am very very jealous!! :p xxxx

armandra Dec 5th 2010 8:17 am

Originally Posted by Kezzar (Post 9013071)

Congrats!!! Good luck for life ahead!!!! :thumbup:

Jan n Neil Dec 6th 2010 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by Kezzar (Post 9013071)

Perhaps someone can explain to me, what does it mean 'visa valid for travel for 24months from first arrival'? I gather that means we can come and go as we please holiday wise. What happens after that then? :confused:

yep you can come and go for 24 months. After that you apply for an indefinite right of return visa (IRRV): then you can come and go for ever.. :thumbsup: