PR.......???????

Old Apr 7th 2009, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

squiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of light
Default PR.......???????

Just a quick question....Once you PR,ie the blue stickers in your passport...
How long do you have before you have to activate them ????????
Old Apr 7th 2009, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR.......???????

Hi Squiddly!

Once those stickers are in, you have a year to the day, to ARRIVE in NZ. Apparently 1 day over and it's back to the drawing board!
Old Apr 7th 2009, 11:18 am
luckybean

angmargien is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by squiddley View Post
Just a quick question....Once you PR,ie the blue stickers in your passport...
How long do you have before you have to activate them ????????
I have another query...once you have touched down in NZ and validated your residency....do you have to stay there for a certain length of time before you can leave again? I was wondering....if I don't get a job offer, I might look elsewhere (Far East possibly) for a job until the recession starts looking up again...
Old Apr 7th 2009, 11:41 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

6m to get the visas in your passport, then a year after that to enter NZ

I have another query...once you have touched down in NZ and validated your residency....do you have to stay there for a certain length of time before you can leave again? I was wondering....if I don't get a job offer, I might look elsewhere (Far East possibly) for a job until the recession starts looking up again...
If you get PR you will have a residency visa and a two year returning resident's visa stuck into your passport. Once you land in NZ you get a residency permit in your passport which allows you to remain indefinitely but runs out on leaving the country. Theoretically you could activate your PR then leave NZ for 2 years before coming back. Though you must be in NZ when your 2y RRV runs out or it's back to the start again.
You would then apply for a further RRV but it is unlikely you would get an indefinite one as you would not have lived and paid taxes in NZ for the required amount of time.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 8:46 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Is your PR linked to a job offer?

If so, you will probably have an 18a clause , which means you have to work for the employer named on you application for 3 months before you can jump ship.

To satisfy the conditions of your IRRV, you must be resident in NZ for 185 days for each of the 2 years.

Just as a side note, we have a Kiwi friend who has been working in Middle East. The work has dried up and finishes work next month. Due to tax restrictions, they are having to stay out of NZ fo another 6 months, otherwise they get 'clobbered'

HTH