British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   PR ?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/pr-495889/)

Leewales Nov 23rd 2007 5:15 pm

PR ??

hi;)once your granted PR is it for good? and how long after you submitted it does it take? cheers Lee:thumbsup:

happynz Nov 23rd 2007 5:42 pm

Re: PR ??

Originally Posted by Leewales (Post 5592695)
hi;)once your granted PR is it for good? and how long after you submitted it does it take? cheers Lee:thumbsup:

Hi Lee,
If you are outside of New Zealand you will be issued a Residency Visa which allows you to enter New Zealand for the purposes of residence (obvious, eh?). Upon arrival you will have stamped into your passport a residence permit which gives you the right to remain indefinitely in New Zealand.
After two years residency you will be eligible to apply for an indefinite returning residency visa which will allow you to leave New Zealand indefinitely but still give you the right of return and to resume residency.
Anyway, that's the short form. Like any immigration matter there always seems to be exceptions to the rule, but this PR situation I have described is probably what will likely affect you.

Leewales Nov 23rd 2007 11:08 pm

happynz, your an amazing guy, always helpful and always pr=erfect manners, your a very human being !! thanks Lee:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Leewales Nov 24th 2007 9:06 am

had a few to many when i wrote the reply to you:o:o quite intoxicated to say the least, spelling mistakes the lot

happynz Nov 24th 2007 5:56 pm

Well, you hit the nail on the head, even through a fog of alcohol it can be safely surmised that I am a 'very human being' as opposed to something else. OK, I grew up in California, but honest, I am of the homo sapien species. (Oi, we'll have none of those homo wisecracks, right).

:lol:

Cheers Lee.

:lol:

Leewales Nov 24th 2007 6:26 pm

:thumbsup:where nz are you happy nz? and do you think 60,000 dollars is a good wage for nz? i know its been asked but would like your opinion:thumbsup: cheers lee:thumbup:

happynz Nov 24th 2007 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by Leewales (Post 5596399)
:thumbsup:where nz are you happy nz? and do you think 60,000 dollars is a good wage for nz? i know its been asked but would like your opinion:thumbsup: cheers lee:thumbup:

1. I'm in Christchurch.
2. It's nothing spectacular and a second income would help, but you should be able to keep the rain off your head and a hot meal in your stomach for that. A lot depends on what sort of accommodation you live in and where the accommodation is located. All other costs are fairly equal otherwise (well, some areas will cost more in utilities 'cos it's colder or some areas have higher council rates, but overall, it's all about the rents, man).

Leewales Nov 26th 2007 11:18 pm

happy nz, top man, just put my application in and was wondering the length of response time, whats the weather like? cheers lee, ps i will buy you a beer sometime

Leewales Nov 26th 2007 11:21 pm

happy nz, what is a good wage per year for New Zealand?? your trusted opinion is much valued:thumbsup: thanks lee

happynz Nov 27th 2007 2:21 am

Originally Posted by Leewales (Post 5603817)
happy nz, what is a good wage per year for New Zealand?? your trusted opinion is much valued:thumbsup: thanks lee

Howzit Lee,

A good wage is one which will get you what you need and allow you indulge now and then on some of life's pleasures. However, there are so many variables when it comes down to it, so as you know it's hard to say. It depends on your status - single, in a relationship, kids, expectations and so on. Will you be bringing equity over with you? Do you have ongoing debts that you are responsible for? Will there be a need to fly home to the UK yearly? That's just the tip of the iceberg, Lee. So, as I said in an earlier post, NZ$60K will probably see you able to afford a modest house out in the suburbs in Auckland and with careful budgeting you should eat well if you can cook. The rising costs of petrol and food though are making things a bit more difficult to put some money away. A second income would help a lot.

If you are going to be in Auckland just be aware that accommodation costs will be higher than most other areas of the country. For example, if you were on NZ$60K in Oamaru, Invercargill, Te`Kuiti or Dannevirke you'd be able to afford much nicer housing. Easy to say, but small town New Zealand isn't everyone's cuppa. It may also prove difficult to find the work you want at the salary you expect out in the provinces.

Sorry for waffling Lee.

Good luck.