British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   PPI received from LONDON Branch (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/ppi-received-london-branch-733257/)

masimf Sep 22nd 2011 11:35 am

PPI received from LONDON Branch

Greetings

I had an interview with my CO on Aug-2011. I have given her landline number of my relative because i don't have landline at my home. I requested my CO to call me at my mobile number. In short , i made a call to her from my mobile (communication barrier involved) and had an interview with her which lasts almost 1 hour and ten minutes. It went well and i was expecting direct PR from her but during interview there was discussion about future , i told her after settling in NZ , i will go for business (IT and Telecom Services to Home users and coporate sector) which i believe she took in Corporate Business ,in 9 months which is not a realistic figure ( it can be 8 to 9 years). Purpose of this answer is to fully emerged in NZ settlement and contribute myself with full swing . I know that i don't have funds to start business in other country in 9 months or a year not even have a background of business. My intention was that i would not be free or a burden on NZ economy. Even i will go for odd job in start to get into NZ culture.

I know , i have applied in skilled migrant category and have experience of IT / telecommunications more than ten years not in business category.
Now my CO sent me an email with PPI letter asking me

***• You have stated that you wish to start up your own business in New Zealand within 8 to 10 months, once you have settled there and made some good contacts.

Please guide me how to satisfy her in this regard.

My friends spent time to search accommodation for me and i have been in touch with them for job hunting market as well. I firmly sure that i can easily get a job there in month or two.
I was thinking to resign from my current job in October .

I am worried because i have planned everything for NZ even start selling my things.

Your guidance would be highly appreciated.

BEVS Sep 23rd 2011 2:27 am

Re: PPI received from LONDON Branch

Just explain it to the CO the way you have explained it here. That you have no intention of going solo straight away. That you will seek employment and continue in employment whilst settling in NZ. Over the next few years you will explore the possibility of becoming self employed within the NZ IT market & use the time to make contacts, network & get a business plan together, whilst learning about an NZ life. Also you could avail yourself of a free 'how to set up an NZ business' course. Tell her the details of that.
Meanwhile you intend to keep working as you know you need to be able to be self sufficient and fund your new life here.

masimf Sep 23rd 2011 10:03 am

Re: PPI received from LONDON Branch

BEVS
thanks for your reply. Yesterday i got another email from my CO. She told me that still i have time submit documents / evidences to support my case.

I have already supplied her NTN # , TAX form , Experience letters etc. What does she exactly want ?

what should i provide to her ?

Thanks again for your guidance.