British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   possibility to extend ITA submission date? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/possibility-extend-ita-submission-date-606229/)

sam_79 Apr 29th 2009 2:12 pm

possibility to extend ITA submission date?

Hi every one :)
I kindly need an advice regarding the below scenario?
I am presently working on my ITA and I have a doubt about getting one of my Police cetificates on time, as I was told that it will take more time than expected!!:(
would it be possible to ask for extension of my ITA submission date? If this is possible; then to whom should I address this request ? To my previous EOI Officer who sent me the ITA, or shall I request from the ITA office it self?
Pls advice as time is running :unsure:
Thanks in advance :)

getmethere Apr 29th 2009 4:41 pm

Re: possibility to extend ITA submission date?

hi there

i don't know about getting an extension - i don't have any experience of this however, I have heard of people submitting their ITA without ALL the information as long as they can show that they have attempted to get the information and have some other paperwork to attach (for example the receipt from your application etc to prove you've sent off for them).

before you do this though, I would e-mail/phone the NZIS london - with your ITA there should have been an e-mail address and a persons name at the bottom of your letter. When I contacted them I e-mailed the std e-mail address but in the subject put 'for the attention of XXXXX' and I got a reply within 3 days.

jjthefridge Apr 29th 2009 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by sam_79 (Post 7526268)
I am presently working on my ITA and I have a doubt about getting one of my Police cetificates on time, as I was told that it will take more time than expected!!:(
would it be possible to ask for extension of my ITA submission date? If this is possible; then to whom should I address this request ? To my previous EOI Officer who sent me the ITA, or shall I request from the ITA office it self?

Hi Dude,

i was applying last year had ita then split with now ex(thank god i got rid of that one) she tore up aplication, spoke to nzis who were happy to give me 4 month extention, so my advise is ring or e-mail and ask,

good luck dude.

j.j.:rolleyes:

grahamwookie Apr 29th 2009 9:52 pm

we were later by a day but when i called they had already put an extension in place. They were also very helpful on the phone.

helenlhoppy Apr 30th 2009 9:12 am

Hi, I had three extensions (due to NZQA dragging their heels). Just email your EOI officer and ask. She/he will refer you, and you should get a months extension. You do need to do this 2 weeks before your submission date though.

Good luck. Helen. :)

BEVS Apr 30th 2009 11:30 am

It may be possible.

Ask your case officer that was assigned to you.

Is this the Jordanian police cert?

sam_79 Apr 30th 2009 5:01 pm

Thank you all for your prompt replies :) so nice of you:) I will phone/email them as you per your advices and check it out. I am now pretty sure that NZIS will consider this delay if it happened:)
Sam

sam_79 Apr 30th 2009 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS here (Post 7529239)
It may be possible.

Ask your case officer that was assigned to you.

Is this the Jordanian police cert?

I will:) thanks BEVS here !:) no, it's the Malaysian Police Clearance . I lived there for 2 years. I was told by the embassy that it will take 3 months! Plenty of time !
Hope it does not take that long!
Sam

sjake Apr 30th 2009 5:52 pm

Hi Sam,

We had to apply for an extension because of police certificates. :eek:

I just e-mailed [email protected] and just put our EOI number as the subject, and explained why we wanted an extension & what had we done to try & resolve the matter and when I hoped to be able to send the paperwork in. They replied the next day granting us the extension giving us an extra month N.B. I only asked a few days before our ITA was due to be in, but I would e-mail them as soon as you can. Best of luck.:)

sam_79 Apr 30th 2009 6:18 pm

Hi sjake,
so you went through the same case:eek:
I am comfortable now:) I will email them soon:)
Thanks for the good luck:)

DGH May 1st 2009 10:40 pm

Hi,
I thought we were going to need an extension too (as it happened we didn't), but when I telephoned and asked they said it should be fine to have an extension and definitely not to submit the application with bits missing with a view to submitting these bits later.

sam_79 May 2nd 2009 8:09 am

Great:) so they will be helpful in case it happened.
Thanks DGH :)

BEVS May 5th 2009 6:30 am

What a lovely, helpful thread this is. :)
Reminds me of what the essence of BE is all about :thumbsup:

Karma all round.