British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Police Checks&Medical Panels (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/police-checks-medical-panels-690702/)

Scousebird Oct 23rd 2010 9:20 am

Police Checks&Medical Panels

HI

Does anyone know if they will accept a full CRB check if it was done in May 2010 and it's not submitted until around Christmas (if everything goes to plan) or do you still need the basic police check?

Also is it worth shopping around for the medicals or are the prices 'bog' standard?!

I've searched the forum and can't find any info to help me. I'm starting all the paperwork now as want it completed before baby gets here to reduce he stress! :fingerscrossed:goes to plan. Planning to emigrate, sell house, have baby and finish college course - anyone think I'm mad? Shared similar experiences would be appreciated!!:D

Appreciate any advice. ta.

Phil.n.Wendy Oct 23rd 2010 9:58 am

Re: Police Checks&Medical Panels

Hiya Scousebird,

INZ will not accept a CRB. They only take the Cert provided by ACPO, website listed on the following link
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...cate/uv/uk.htm
Prices for Medicals are prity much standard, there may be a little fluctuation depending on where you live, we are paying £350 each for a practice in Birmingham, got the medical next Wednesday :eek:
Wouldn't say your mad.... just a little crazy :D its a lot to do, especially with a little one on the way.
Hope all works to plan :thumbsup:
Phil N Wend

Aliwales Oct 23rd 2010 10:52 am

Hi

on the nz immigration site there is a list of doctors who can do the medicals. I've only got one in my area but it may be worth ringing around with regards to prices if you have the choice option in your area.

Police checks: I have also had a recent crb done for work but was told will need the "official" police checks certificate for immigration

hope this helps

ali. :thumbsup:

concretepump Oct 23rd 2010 11:43 am

Originally Posted by Scousebird (Post 8937289)
HI

Does anyone know if they will accept a full CRB check if it was done in May 2010 and it's not submitted until around Christmas (if everything goes to plan) or do you still need the basic police check?

Also is it worth shopping around for the medicals or are the prices 'bog' standard?!

I've searched the forum and can't find any info to help me. I'm starting all the paperwork now as want it completed before baby gets here to reduce he stress! :fingerscrossed:goes to plan. Planning to emigrate, sell house, have baby and finish college course - anyone think I'm mad? Shared similar experiences would be appreciated!!:D

Appreciate any advice. ta.

your police checks come from ACRO in fareham hants you can e-mail to get forms or look on nz web site e-mail [email protected]

Scousebird Oct 24th 2010 10:04 am

Thanks a least it saves wasting my time - although not money! Probably am a bit crazy but that's why I'm trying to organize myself now so I can concentrate on the baby. I figure 5-6 months to sort everything out and then at least 12 months to get there (if required) so hopefully this will allow for any hiccups along the way and allow me to give birth in peace! :

EOI is complete just not submitted yet, will do this week then it's fingers crossed and all go! Scary and exciting at the same time - unless it's my hormones!! I'm sure I will not be able to keep the news to myself if successful!!:fingerscrossed:

johnht Oct 24th 2010 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by Scousebird (Post 8938847)
... I figure 5-6 months to sort everything out ...

I think the medical has to be done at most three months before applying and the police check six months.
John.

Scousebird Oct 24th 2010 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by johnht (Post 8939476)
I think the medical has to be done at most three months before applying and the police check six months.
John.

So the you've three months from the first date of the medical and 6 months from the first date of the police check? Thanks for all the info everyone I've managed to download applications etc and bookmark sites.

johnht Oct 25th 2010 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Scousebird (Post 8939550)
So the you've three months from the first date of the medical and 6 months from the first date of the police check?

I'm not sure if it's three months from when the panel doctor sees you, or from when you get the medical form signed.
They will be different dates for me because at the moment the reasons for my abnormal Liver test results (blood test) are being investigated, because the doctor has advised that it's better to give a complete picture on the med form. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what he writes.
John.

Scousebird Oct 25th 2010 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by johnht (Post 8940641)
I'm not sure if it's three months from when the panel doctor sees you, or from when you get the medical form signed.
They will be different dates for me because at the moment the reasons for my abnormal Liver test results (blood test) are being investigated, because the doctor has advised that it's better to give a complete picture on the med form. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what he writes.
John.

good luck with that