Police checks duration

Old Sep 12th 2008, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

malcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Police checks duration

This morning i had to ring the ACRO regarding my police checks that i had posted on 31st July and had no reply. They only received them on 1st Sept!!! Bloody UK postal service.
Anyway, i was going to cancel them as i thought that they only lasted for 6 months and we are not moving yet. The person on the phone told me that they are now valid for 12 months.
Has anyone else been told this
Old Sep 12th 2008, 4:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police checks duration

Following is from ACPO download -

• How long is my Certificate valid for?
There is no set period of time for which the Certificate is considered to be valid. The Certificate is only truly accurate on the date of issue. Embassies or High Commissions will usually require you to produce a Police Certificate, which has been issued less than six (6) months before your visa interview.

Police certificates must be less than six months old when the application is lodged.

And this is from http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...cecertificate/

We may ask for further police certificates if the initial police certificate becomes a year old from its date of issue before we make a decision on your application; or within the 12-month period if there is good reason to do so.

Doesn't really confirm what you have been told but it's not that clear is it?!!!
Old Sep 12th 2008, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

lock4 has a brilliant futurelock4 has a brilliant futurelock4 has a brilliant futurelock4 has a brilliant futurelock4 has a brilliant futurelock4 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Police checks duration

I am still awaiting the return of my police checks. I sent all the applications back to my mother in the Uk (secure post) and she then sent them to relevant people recorded so hopefully will get them back this week. Thought that was one of the reasons we are now paying 35 quid.