police checks

Old Apr 3rd 2008, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

squiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: police checks

Well i did try my local police station first.....no joy,went on to the website i mentioned,rang the help line and they told me what to do...simple as that.
I also asked for extra copies,just in case and they cost £5 per extra copy..
Hope this helps.................
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

malcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond repute

If you go on the web site for your local police force and look for personal information, it will tell you how to go about it and it only costs £10. The ACPO one is a central unit who simply send the request to your local force anyway for them to complete the form and charge you the £35 for the postage etc. This information straight from the horses mouth (not a police horse before you start), our forces data protection officer.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 10:52 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

You can also go into your local police station and they will give you the forms to complete. You can then complete and send off with your £10.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 12:11 am
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

...or download the forms from here... http://www.sussex.police.uk/foi/data_protection2.asp
Old Apr 4th 2008, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

gina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of light

i d the acpo one and paid 35.00 it is a ten day servive but we got ours back within the week and it was easter bannk holiday weekend
Old Apr 4th 2008, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

I went into my local cop shop and filled in the form ,paid my £10 and received my disclosure scotland part back after a week or so.......still waiting on the national part after 40 days:curse:
Old Apr 4th 2008, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

Cyffiwr is a jewel in the roughCyffiwr is a jewel in the roughCyffiwr is a jewel in the roughCyffiwr is a jewel in the rough

I was very confused by the ACPO site - but it seems they're 'running a pilot' and say it's a 10 day service. Presumably immigration will accept both forms?

When I sent off my subject access form for my nursing registration it took the full six weeks to come back! But at least it was only a tenner...

But it's something to be mindful of - send for it in plenty of time. You should be able to get a form from any local police station.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weejie
I went into my local cop shop and filled in the form ,paid my £10 and received my disclosure scotland part back after a week or so.......still waiting on the national part after 40 days:curse:
Ahem,guess what arrived in the post this morning!!!
Old Apr 6th 2008, 4:59 pm
Cat (Mad) Sitter

Location: Anywhere and Everywhere, we're International House Sitters! :)
Water Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond repute

We also paid £35 for ours... may be jumping the gun here as we haven't received our ITA yet, but want to be ready when (not "if", trying to be positive here... ) it arrives.

Can anybody working on their ITAs please advise us what else we could do in the meantime, to speed up the process? Medical tests for example?

Also, going back to the police checks, is anybody here (or their other halves) not British? I'm just wondering whether I should get a police check from my birth country as well. I have been in the UK since 1996 though so I thought that'd be enough but now I wonder whether they'll want more than that.... does anybody know??

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

coltheplumb is just really nicecoltheplumb is just really nicecoltheplumb is just really nicecoltheplumb is just really nicecoltheplumb is just really nicecoltheplumb is just really nicecoltheplumb is just really nicecoltheplumb is just really nice

Originally Posted by Water Lily
We also paid £35 for ours... may be jumping the gun here as we haven't received our ITA yet, but want to be ready when (not "if", trying to be positive here... ) it arrives.

Can anybody working on their ITAs please advise us what else we could do in the meantime, to speed up the process? Medical tests for example?

Also, going back to the police checks, is anybody here (or their other halves) not British? I'm just wondering whether I should get a police check from my birth country as well. I have been in the UK since 1996 though so I thought that'd be enough but now I wonder whether they'll want more than that.... does anybody know??

Thanks in advance!
hi when we were at the expo we had a chat with the immigration people because although my wife was born and lived in england all her life she has an irish passport and we were told that she would need a police check from ireland and one from england !! not sure yet how we gonna sort that one at mo but will check the net see if we can find anything , hope that helps ?
Old Apr 10th 2008, 4:45 pm
Cat (Mad) Sitter

Location: Anywhere and Everywhere, we're International House Sitters! :)
Water Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coltheplumb
hi when we were at the expo we had a chat with the immigration people because although my wife was born and lived in england all her life she has an irish passport and we were told that she would need a police check from ireland and one from england !! not sure yet how we gonna sort that one at mo but will check the net see if we can find anything , hope that helps ?
Hi, thanks for that, well I decided to go ahead and apply for one anyway as it only costs me €3.60, so even if they don't ask for it, it won't break the bank particularly. It would make sense for them to ask for one really, as I lived there the first 25 years of my life, and I could've been up to all sorts of mischief in that time! I didn't though, so I'm not worried. I'm only worried I'll need it translated into English and to get a sworn translation could be very pricey indeed! We'll see.

To get mine I went to the "ministry of justice" website, not sure how it'd work in Ireland but I bet a quick google search will bring up the answer! Good luck!
Old Apr 12th 2008, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

Bonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by gina and danny
i d the acpo one and paid 35.00 it is a ten day servive but we got ours back within the week and it was easter bannk holiday weekend
We too did the £35.00 one. Posted them off late last Tuesday and they arrived back today! Wow, super quick, our cheques haven't even cleared through our account yet!
Old Apr 12th 2008, 3:54 pm
Just Joined

samsuth has a brilliant futuresamsuth has a brilliant futuresamsuth has a brilliant futuresamsuth has a brilliant futuresamsuth has a brilliant futuresamsuth has a brilliant futuresamsuth has a brilliant future

Does anyone know if speeding offences affect your good character reference??

Preparing paperwork for the ITA
Old Apr 12th 2008, 9:16 pm
Just Joined

coltheplumb is just really nicecoltheplumb is just really nicecoltheplumb is just really nicecoltheplumb is just really nicecoltheplumb is just really nicecoltheplumb is just really nicecoltheplumb is just really nicecoltheplumb is just really nice

Originally Posted by samsuth
Does anyone know if speeding offences affect your good character reference??

Preparing paperwork for the ITA
if it does we are all on for being refused !!!!
Old Apr 13th 2008, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

over50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really nice

Hi Guys,
you can get a subject access for £10 by sending the forms to your loca police station, they forward them on to Scotand Yard if needed at no extra cost. The only bit about doing it this way is the time factor normally 40 days on reciept of documents. Surely for those of you like us going through the immigration process, which isn't cheap once all levys and fees are paid, to take the cheapest one would be the best way unless you are in a hurry, but everything comes eventually.
Steve and Dee