police checks

Old Dec 9th 2006, 11:37 am
Just Joined

ryan mustchin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default police checks

Hi,
Could anyone tell me how long the police checks(subject access) last for and can you have your medical, x-ray and blood tests done via your local GP/hospital or do they have to be from the panel list of doctors.
Old Dec 9th 2006, 12:12 pm
ex corrections officer

Puppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to all
Default Re: police checks

Originally Posted by ryan mustchin
Hi,
Could anyone tell me how long the police checks(subject access) last for and can you have your medical, x-ray and blood tests done via your local GP/hospital or do they have to be from the panel list of doctors.
you have to use the panel doctors and i think that the police checks are valid for twelve months
Old Dec 9th 2006, 7:55 pm
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Time your x-ray so that when you get it done (in your local hospital) you prearrange collection nof plates, then very shortly after take it to the listed doctor for inspection. He will take your bloods and send complete report.
Pretty sure police checks have a much shorter shelf life than that, they were one of our timed factors when final application papers went off. But check with NZIS to be sure.
Old Dec 9th 2006, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute

I think the police checks last 3 month. And as for the medical stuff everything has to go through the panel doctors.
Old Dec 9th 2006, 8:58 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

yeh i think police checks are 3 months, medicals 4 months
Old Dec 10th 2006, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dreamfish
yeh i think police checks are 3 months, medicals 4 months
Thanks everyone, will apply soon for medicals (new year) as hope to be in nz march! Police checks will have to be repeated but at least they're cheap in comparison to the medicals (2 adults & 2 kids).
Old Dec 10th 2006, 7:58 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone, will apply soon for medicals (new year) as hope to be in nz march! Police checks will have to be repeated but at least they're cheap in comparison to the medicals (2 adults & 2 kids).

Sorry to disappoint you guys but police checks must be less than 6 months old and medicals and x rays are 3 months old at the time of your application.

Police Checks are coming back in 3 weeks at the moment
Old Dec 10th 2006, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

stacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Sorry to disappoint you guys but police checks must be less than 6 months old and medicals and x rays are 3 months old at the time of your application.

Police Checks are coming back in 3 weeks at the moment

so they are valid for 6 months for definate????
Old Dec 10th 2006, 9:04 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

sounds like that could be the case, i stand corrected! - this is all up on the immigration website if you use their search facility. this is what i found:

Police certificates must be less than six months old at the time you lodge your residence application.
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...cate/uv/uk.htm
Old Dec 11th 2006, 8:36 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dreamfish
sounds like that could be the case, i stand corrected! - this is all up on the immigration website if you use their search facility. this is what i found:

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...cate/uv/uk.htm
Thanks for clearing that up, one less thing to sort out in the new year!
Old Dec 11th 2006, 8:50 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Definetly panel doctors. Even the x-ray MUST be done by a panel radiologist, I called immigration to check because I'm in the process of sorting mine out. As for police checks, they legally have 40 days to process you and send back your report, so knowing the police, they'll use every second of that 40 days! I can't rememeber if the police check can't be longer then three months or six months. I'm keeping mine within three months just be sure. Its definetly three months for medical though.
Old Dec 11th 2006, 1:40 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Littletoe
Definetly panel doctors. Even the x-ray MUST be done by a panel radiologist, I called immigration to check because I'm in the process of sorting mine out. As for police checks, they legally have 40 days to process you and send back your report, so knowing the police, they'll use every second of that 40 days! I can't rememeber if the police check can't be longer then three months or six months. I'm keeping mine within three months just be sure. Its definetly three months for medical though.
As far as I am aware, medical certificates are valid for three months, Police certificates must be less than six months old at the time you lodge your residence application and you have to use the panel doctors for both medicals and xrays.
Old Feb 13th 2007, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

Craigy123 has a spectacular aura aboutCraigy123 has a spectacular aura aboutCraigy123 has a spectacular aura about

I'm with pinkie on this one, Police 6 months , medicals are 3 months
Old Feb 13th 2007, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

SecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Littletoe
the met lost my application (under the DPA) and made me reapply from scratch (contrary to DPA).... they were like a brick wall when i tried to get them to resolve their mistake - despite my having proof of posting, and a receipt from them after they cashed my cheque!.... in the end i called my local constabulary and explained the situation - they had heard it before - sorted me with a certificate within 3 working days..... was well within my rights to sue the met under the dpa 40 rule....

the moral..... if you dont live in london and therefore have an alternative.... get your local constab to do it instead.....

Last edited by SecretSquirrel; Feb 13th 2007 at 7:52 pm. Reason: added some more stuff
Old Feb 14th 2007, 3:35 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel
the met lost my application (under the DPA) and made me reapply from scratch (contrary to DPA).... they were like a brick wall when i tried to get them to resolve their mistake - despite my having proof of posting, and a receipt from them after they cashed my cheque!.... in the end i called my local constabulary and explained the situation - they had heard it before - sorted me with a certificate within 3 working days..... was well within my rights to sue the met under the dpa 40 rule....

the moral..... if you dont live in london and therefore have an alternative.... get your local constab to do it instead.....

Did ours through our local force, sent out the receipt etc but it still gets passed down to London for the issuing of Certificate, so either way, your life is in their hands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.