British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Police certs (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/police-certs-630000/)

Sarah1999 Sep 10th 2009 2:02 am

Police certs

Hi there!

Anyone know how long UK police certificates usually take to issue? I sent mine off the other day and am just hoping they received it ok.

Cheers
Frances

Mudplug Sep 10th 2009 6:09 am

Re: Police certs

Not sure you should count on this coming back quickly, cant quiet remember how many days it takes something like 40 or 50, you should get a letter in the meantime letting you no they have recieved it, good luck.

Persephone Sep 10th 2009 9:38 am

Mine took around a week to get back to me, certainly nowhere near the 40-50days it took Mudplug. I followed the link on NZIS website and got it that way.
:thumbsup:

kejktfc Sep 10th 2009 10:28 am

Took OH's about 2 weeks (10 working days) you can pay a fair bit more to get it back within a couple of days IIRC. However if it is not required that quickly then I would just take the normal route.

I would also say, for an extra £5 it's worth getting an extra copy.

kejktfc

adamlt1972 Sep 10th 2009 10:41 am

Did you go for the more expensive express service, which takes about 5 days (I think), or the cheaper standard one (anout 20 days)??

Persephone Sep 10th 2009 10:42 am

Mine was the cheaper version, was in no rush at the time so didn't need to get it quickly

Just checked, it arrived exactly one week after I posted it and cost £35

Numptyhead Sep 10th 2009 10:49 am

Ours took just over two weeks;)

adamlt1972 Sep 10th 2009 10:51 am

http://www.acpo.police.uk/acro/certificates.asp

willand tina_h Sep 10th 2009 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by adamlt1972 (Post 7919636)

ours was 2 weeks too, they dont count the day they receive it or the day they send it out and its working days, so dont count the day you sent it or the next day, then count 10 working days and dont count the day, that sounds like a riddle dont it?????? :rofl:

Tina.x

Psychopandy Sep 10th 2009 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by willand tina_h (Post 7920678)
ours was 2 weeks too, they dont count the day they receive it or the day they send it out and its working days, so dont count the day you sent it or the next day, then count 10 working days and dont count the day, that sounds like a riddle dont it?????? :rofl:

Tina.x

Me and the OH did ours separate.

He did his before he went to NZ in May - he used the express service and it took less than 1 working week to get it back - cost £70 + £5 for the extra copy - he's such a worrier
We did mine at the end of July - normal service - £35 and it came back in just over 2 full weeks - almost exactly the time they said it would take.

So Tina - you would know - how many times you done yours now :rofl::rofl:

MnB Sep 10th 2009 7:59 pm

Hi Sarah
I was also worried that ours had been recieved....cheque did'nt go through bank for what seemed like ages....there was a bank hol so guessed there would be a little delay, also postal strike in their area.....but I still worried ....so I gave them a ring.....really helpful, yes they had recieved it, told me when to expect it back and gave me a ref no to use if it doesn't turn up.....so we'll see!
B x

Sarah1999 Sep 10th 2009 8:41 pm

Thanks for the info guys!

I sent my application from NZ about 10 days ago and had it tracked and had confirmation from ParcelForce it was delivered on Monday. I emailed ACRO customer services and they said they didn't have a record for it yet because it hadn't been entered into their system yet so hopefully they're just waiting for the bankers draft to clear before they enter it.

This is the first hurdle for applying for a partnership visa so fingers crossed it all goes smoothly! :fingerscrossed:

127luton Sep 11th 2009 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by Sarah1999 (Post 7921165)
Thanks for the info guys!

I sent my application from NZ about 10 days ago and had it tracked and had confirmation from ParcelForce it was delivered on Monday. I emailed ACRO customer services and they said they didn't have a record for it yet because it hadn't been entered into their system yet so hopefully they're just waiting for the bankers draft to clear before they enter it.

This is the first hurdle for applying for a partnership visa so fingers crossed it all goes smoothly! :fingerscrossed:

hi there 10 days!! for us!!
Berni:huh:

xxx

MooMoo290373 Sep 12th 2009 9:07 pm

Hi

Ours took about 2 weeks too.