Police Certificates

Old Feb 7th 2011, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

thedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of light
Default Police Certificates

Hey Peeps,

Sorry I've not been around for a while.

After receiving our ITA back in November we're now just about to submit it. We're waiting on my Chest X-Ray results and a copy of my wife's birth certificate to arrive. Both of which should happen before the end of this week.

It just occurred to me though that NZ Immigration request police certificates from any country that you have lived in for more than 12 months.

We've got our UK certificates as you might expect.... now, this may be a stupid question, but as we've now been in NZ since September 2009 (more than 12 months), do we also need to get NZ police certificates?
Old Feb 7th 2011, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Certificates

Yes of course.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

thedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by LukeandJo
Yes of course.
Hey - thanks!

After posting my msg above I carried on looking on the Immigration website.... couldn't see much in the way of confirmation as to whether we needed to or not, then spotted the last sentence on this page of their site: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...cate/mn/nz.htm

Specific procedure for New Zealand
Immigration New Zealand will apply for a certificate on your behalf.
Now... is this conclusive? Anyone have any experience of having been in New Zealand for more than 12 months and NOT having had to get an NZ Police Certificate?
Old Feb 9th 2011, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I was wrong!
Sorry there, it seems Immi will do that part for you.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 11:53 pm
Just Joined

jmcnelson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by thedtb
Hey Peeps,

Sorry I've not been around for a while.

After receiving our ITA back in November we're now just about to submit it. We're waiting on my Chest X-Ray results and a copy of my wife's birth certificate to arrive. Both of which should happen before the end of this week.

It just occurred to me though that NZ Immigration request police certificates from any country that you have lived in for more than 12 months.

We've got our UK certificates as you might expect.... now, this may be a stupid question, but as we've now been in NZ since September 2009 (more than 12 months), do we also need to get NZ police certificates?
Yes you do.

Last edited by jmcnelson; Feb 14th 2011 at 11:55 pm. Reason: incomplete answer
Old Feb 15th 2011, 12:00 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Umm. As far as I am aware per the NZIS website you don't need to apply to the local courthouse jmcnelson.

As far as I am aware NZIS will apply for the NZ police certificate on your behalf.

Please check out this link and scroll down to the bottom of the page.

Oh! and welcome to this wee NZ forum.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 12:03 am
Just Joined

jmcnelson is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry Bevs you are right. I am new to this forum and did edit my reply but obviously didnt work!! I will keep trying! I too panicked when I found out i had to have an NZ Police Certificate and I actually did go to the Court House and got one although was told by immigration later than I didnt need to they would have done it for me!!! just too mad keen to stay here!
Old Feb 15th 2011, 12:05 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by jmcnelson
Sorry Bevs you are right. I am new to this forum and did edit my reply but obviously didnt work!! I will keep trying! I too panicked when I found out i had to have an NZ Police Certificate and I actually did go to the Court House and got one although was told by immigration later than I didnt need to they would have done it for me!!! just too mad keen to stay here!
I must've stuck in the reply just as you edited.