British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Police certificate (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/police-certificate-774443/)

clairesw Oct 12th 2012 2:53 pm

Police certificate

Hello,

EOI selected from the pool Wednesday 3rd...waiting (im)patiently for our ITA.

In the meantime we are preparing all our paperwork and I have a quick question about police certificates please.

My husband's police certificate has come back with his first and surname on it, but not his middle name, will this matter? Should we ask for another with all his names as per his birth certificate?

Also, whilst you're here, is it tempting fate to book our medicals do you think? Should we wait for the ITA? And does the ITA come by email from NZ or the UK office?

Sorry, one question turned in to several! Many thanks in advance!! :D

skends Oct 12th 2012 5:39 pm

Re: Police certificate

hi clairesw,
yes you will have to have all of his names on his birth cert. on the police cert. too - We have just had to do another one for my hubby as it only had 3 names on his, but he has got 4 on his birth cert, - we also had to do a statutory declaration as well to basically say that he very rarely uses one of his middle names. I would get another done as this has delayed us by at least 2 weeks!
We booked our medicals to happen just before we were ready to submit our ITA - as they were only valid for 3 months - i think the rules have changed now though but not entirely sure. I had to get my UK qualification assessed by the NZQA - never knew i had to do this until it stated it on the list of documents to be supplied with our ITA - this took 8 weeks to do!! We printed our ITA as it came by email about 10 days after we had been selected from the EOI.
Hope this helps, and if theres anything else then ask, as I have learnt so much from the lovely people on here.

clairesw Oct 12th 2012 5:46 pm

Thanks so much, skends!
you're right, I've already learnt so much from the lovely people on here.
I knew there would be a lot of waiting, but blimey it's a real test of the patience isn't it?
Hope you get some good news soon.

skends Oct 12th 2012 5:49 pm

thanks clairesw,
I really is a test, i cant believe how fortunate some people are as they seem to have theirs sorted so quickly.
Anyway, all i keep saying is that it will be worth it in the end - if it's meant to be and all that! lol

MrsFychan Oct 12th 2012 9:51 pm

my best bit of advise when submitting the ITA is to read the instruction guide leaflet, not just the questions on the pages, and make sure you submit every little thing that might aid your application, some delays are because not everything is submitted at initial submission. We took ours up personally and the guy that looked through the paperwork remarked on how thorough it was and that it was obvious that we had read the instructions guide.

clairesw Oct 17th 2012 8:19 pm

Thanks everyone for your helpful replies.
We got our ITA yesterday - woo hoo!
Just ploughing carefully through the requirements and have requested a new police certificate.

Best wishes all.

skends Oct 17th 2012 8:44 pm

Good luck guys :thumbsup:

clairesw Oct 17th 2012 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by skends (Post 10336133)
Good luck guys :thumbsup:

Thank you!

Any news?

skends Oct 17th 2012 9:26 pm

Hiya, no news yet, not sure what the delay is about. I thought we would have heard something by now. I keep checking emails and logging on to NZIS several times a day, it is so stressful, I can't think about anything else, I'm not sure what to do next! Lol
I'm trying to think of an excuse to email them but I don't want to upset them or seem like I'm impatient! I should of started work in NZ on the 3rd Sept!

clairesw Oct 17th 2012 9:31 pm

I feel your pain! I've got all that still to come, but waiting for the ITA nearly killed me!
I thought we'd on our way about now, but my nursing registration took forever. Still, at least my employer is being very patient even if I'm not.
Where in NZ will you be?

Fingers crossed for some good news very soon.

skends Oct 17th 2012 9:47 pm

Christchurch
Yep, fingers crossed eh?
Where are you heading?