Police caution, need help/advice please.

Old Dec 12th 2007, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

kgreen07 has a spectacular aura aboutkgreen07 has a spectacular aura aboutkgreen07 has a spectacular aura about
Default Police caution, need help/advice please.

Hi all, really in need of some help and advice concerning ITA and police checks/cautions. Am really hoping someone can help!
Long story but here goes!
We got our ITA through 2 weeks ago and were over the moon, having already booked medicals and obtained birth certificates I thought all we needed to do was wait for police checks to come back then we could send off application and hope for the best.
Anyway, my police check has come back fine but my husbands has come back this morning with a caution listed for a minor offence last october. At the time my husband was told (by the police officer who was dealing with case) that this caution would not affect any visa application, however having received documents today, I am not so sure.
My question to you all is WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?
I have tried to search a few threads regarding police cautions but have not had much luck. Someone suggested sending a covering letter and character references with application? Also someone has mentioned a stat dec..........I dont know what this is or how to get 1?
Am so upset at the moment, feel that our dream has been smashed, am going to kill my husband when he gets home.
If anyone can help with any advice I would be truly grateful.
Thank you (a totally fed up) katherine
Old Dec 12th 2007, 4:24 pm
ned
BE Enthusiast

ned is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nice
Default Re: Police caution, need help/advice please.

I am having to deal with something like this with my son. From what I can make out the ITA documents ask questions specific of being found guillty of an offence, and a police caution is not being found guillty of an offence. Try re-reading the questions you answered in the EOI and ask yourself if the questions were answered correctly, it should give you some reassurance that you haven't attempted to mislead anyone.
Sending a letter explaining the circumstances and promising it will never happen again couldn't hurt though but

Last edited by ned; Dec 12th 2007 at 4:30 pm.
Old Dec 12th 2007, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

kgreen07 has a spectacular aura aboutkgreen07 has a spectacular aura aboutkgreen07 has a spectacular aura about

thanx for that, will check my EOI now...........
Old Dec 12th 2007, 4:54 pm
ned
BE Enthusiast

ned is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nice

...and you REALLY need to apply for your Nurse Registration
Old Dec 12th 2007, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

MattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really nice

You need to declare it, might be worth putting more detail on the covering letter depending upon what it was for - it will more than likely be ok, but they will probably request further information (then you can sort character refs etc if needed).

Matt
Old Dec 13th 2007, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

andrewmenet has a brilliant futureandrewmenet has a brilliant futureandrewmenet has a brilliant futureandrewmenet has a brilliant futureandrewmenet has a brilliant futureandrewmenet has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kgreen07
Hi all, really in need of some help and advice concerning ITA and police checks/cautions. Am really hoping someone can help!
Long story but here goes!
We got our ITA through 2 weeks ago and were over the moon, having already booked medicals and obtained birth certificates I thought all we needed to do was wait for police checks to come back then we could send off application and hope for the best.
Anyway, my police check has come back fine but my husbands has come back this morning with a caution listed for a minor offence last october. At the time my husband was told (by the police officer who was dealing with case) that this caution would not affect any visa application, however having received documents today, I am not so sure.
My question to you all is WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?
I have tried to search a few threads regarding police cautions but have not had much luck. Someone suggested sending a covering letter and character references with application? Also someone has mentioned a stat dec..........I dont know what this is or how to get 1?
Am so upset at the moment, feel that our dream has been smashed, am going to kill my husband when he gets home.
If anyone can help with any advice I would be truly grateful.
Thank you (a totally fed up) katherine
check your private messages