Points on my EOI dont add up

Old Feb 7th 2008, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

scottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nice
Default Points on my EOI dont add up

Hi All,

Nearly there with my EOI.

I done the quick check online and had 140 points, but now that I am completing my EOI it is only showing 125... Can points be allocated after it has been submited. I have been awareded points for the following:

Idenity:-30
Work Experience:-25
Skilled Employment-70

For Info, I am in NZ at the moment on a working hoilday visa, working in IT for a training company.

Just not sure if I have missed something or made a mistake somewhere,

Thanks in advance,

Scottish N
Old Feb 7th 2008, 4:37 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Points on my EOI dont add up

Originally Posted by scottishnomad View Post
Hi All,

Nearly there with my EOI.

I done the quick check online and had 140 points, but now that I am completing my EOI it is only showing 125... Can points be allocated after it has been submited. I have been awareded points for the following:

Idenity:-30
Work Experience:-25
Skilled Employment-70

For Info, I am in NZ at the moment on a working hoilday visa, working in IT for a training company.

Just not sure if I have missed something or made a mistake somewhere,

Thanks in advance,

Scottish N
Have you included points for a job offer? Once I was in NZ and working (submitted my EOI the evening of the day I started work) my points went up from 115 to 210.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 5:05 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Do you still get points for speaking English ???

And if you have a job offer outside of Auckland?
Old Feb 7th 2008, 5:41 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kev&sarah View Post

Yes (I think) and yes, good catch!
Old Feb 7th 2008, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

scottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nice

Originally Posted by kev&sarah View Post

Yeh, I noticed that the english speaking part was 0, so do you get points for that after they review and see I have written English is my natvie tongue?
Old Feb 7th 2008, 5:53 am
Maz

Yeh, I noticed that the english speaking part was 0, so do you get points for that after they review and see I have written English is my natvie tongue?
Hmmm, no I think you might be out of luck. Sorry, wish I could remember on that one!

Defo 10 points for a job offer outside Auckland though.

What happens when you include your job offer? As you are working legally right now, you obviously have had an offer, so you can include it.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Hmmm, no I think you might be out of luck. Sorry, wish I could remember on that one!

Defo 10 points for a job offer outside Auckland though.

What happens when you include your job offer? As you are working legally right now, you obviously have had an offer, so you can include it.
I have included the job offer, (currently employed) I have a valid work visa, perhaps its the type of skilled employment which is not given me enough work.

Does anyone know if you get different points, if you have a different skilled job. (i.e Doctor gets more than someone in IT)
Old Feb 7th 2008, 6:36 am
Maz

I have included the job offer, (currently employed) I have a valid work visa, perhaps its the type of skilled employment which is not given me enough work.

Does anyone know if you get different points, if you have a different skilled job. (i.e Doctor gets more than someone in IT)
What line of work are you in?
Old Feb 7th 2008, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light

Did the quick check give you a breakdown of how points were allocated?

Alison
Old Feb 7th 2008, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by littleal View Post
Did the quick check give you a breakdown of how points were allocated?

Alison
Its a bit wierd, checked, doesnt have a breakdown and played around with the quick check to see if I can get it to match the 125 points. Maybe something underlying with my job title, doesnt gives less points with the change to ANSCO recently.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

Its a bit wierd, checked, doesnt have a breakdown and played around with the quick check to see if I can get it to match the 125 points. Maybe something underlying with my job title, doesnt gives less points with the change to ANSCO recently.
Think I have found it,

Under skilled employment, it ask if for 12 months or more/ 12 months or less. I thought this was how long I have been working but now think its for how long the contract job is for, which is permenant, which gives me 135 points. Also, made a change to my work experince, so that gives me another 10 points, taking me to 145, so should hope all goes through ok, have a work visa until late Oct, so hope to be selected before then.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:34 am
Maz

Woo hoo! Many congrats! You're already here and working, so with over 140 points you'll get picked next time. Bet you $10.