Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Points Indicator: Level 3, 4, 5 & 6 Qualifications

Points Indicator: Level 3, 4, 5 & 6 Qualifications

Old Aug 1st 2011, 12:02 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Points Indicator: Level 3, 4, 5 & 6 Qualifications

Hi,

I was looking at the NZ points indicator, but I'm a little confused about the points for qualifications level 3, 4, 5 & 6. Which UK qualifications would fall into this category? Does it cover UK 'A' levels? Also, do they have to be on the list of exemptions to be able to claim the points, or is that just for level 3 qualifications?

My apologies if these questions are a bit daft, but I've spent most of the last three years familiarising myself with the Australian process, so the New Zealand stuff is still a bit confusing!

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 10:28 am
Banned

robbyarg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Points Indicator: Level 3, 4, 5 & 6 Qualifications

No, your questions are not daft. Both Aus and NZ use the ANZSCO code now. The points are listed on the NZ Immigration site, www.immigration.govt.nz. So take a look and search for points. It should be close to or less than 50 points. Note that the points system has changed recently.

I am not so sure about the Level 3 question. NZ is better than Aus. But go for whichever you qualify. Remember both have their rules changed and they keep changing.

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76 View Post
Hi,

I was looking at the NZ points indicator, but I'm a little confused about the points for qualifications level 3, 4, 5 & 6. Which UK qualifications would fall into this category? Does it cover UK 'A' levels? Also, do they have to be on the list of exemptions to be able to claim the points, or is that just for level 3 qualifications?

My apologies if these questions are a bit daft, but I've spent most of the last three years familiarising myself with the Australian process, so the New Zealand stuff is still a bit confusing!

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 10:30 am

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robbyarg View Post
No, your questions are not daft. Both Aus and NZ use the ANZSCO code now. The points are listed on the NZ Immigration site, www.immigration.govt.nz. So take a look and search for points. It should be close to or less than 50 points. Note that the points system has changed recently.

I am not so sure about the Level 3 question. NZ is better than Aus. But go for whichever you qualify. Remember both have their rules changed and they keep changing.
Thanks, I'll check that out
Old Aug 9th 2011, 7:13 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76 View Post
Hi,

Thanks in advance.
No. It doesn't cover UK 'A' levels.

What UK qualifications have you got & from where. That might be the better way to go.

Also , what is your current occupation and does that match with any qualifications you may have?
Old Aug 9th 2011, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
No. It doesn't cover UK 'A' levels.

What UK qualifications have you got & from where. That might be the better way to go.

Also , what is your current occupation and does that match with any qualifications you may have?
Thanks for the clarification . My husband has a bachelors & masters degree. He also has some ILM qualifications that he obtained since he started work. When we started looking at Australia originally, we decided that Policy & Planning Manager would be close to his work experience/qualifications, so we'd probably try and stick with that if we decide to get assessed for NZ.