Points...how does it work

Old Jun 30th 2009, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

xxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nice
Default Points...how does it work

Hi to you all,

l have completed an on-line assessment and it revealed we had less than 100 points. It would seem that experience doesn't count, which l feel is such a shame as both hubby and l have so much of that to offer... in various areas of the work place too, the qualifications l do have are not recognised...any ideas on how we can up the points to at least get the minimum points..

many thanks to you all in advance
kind regards
xxElainexx
Old Jul 1st 2009, 3:01 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Points...how does it work

You'll probably need a job offer from an accredited company.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 3:38 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi there.

Did you see my reply to your previous thread ? Please click HERE. It lists the categories for emigration to NZ. Not just the skilled migrant category.

The points system relates to the skilled migrant category.

If you do not have actually professional or trade qualifications, then you would be looking at a job offer to up your points for the skilled migrant category. However, that job offer needs to match previous work experience, training and skill.

The occupation needs to be on the list of occupations seen as skilled by NZIS.

Please look through this list of Skilled Occupations and tell us which occupations you would apply under. In other words, what jobs you would be looking for.

As TeamEmbo states, depending on what jobs you feel you could do for a living here in NZ, there may be a job offer out there from an accredited employer. You can find the list on the NZIS website.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

xxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nice

Originally Posted by BEVS
Hi there.

Did you see my reply to your previous thread ? Please click HERE. It lists the categories for emigration to NZ. Not just the skilled migrant category.

If you do not have actually professional or trade qualifications, then you would be looking at a job offer to up your points for the skilled migrant category. However, that job offer needs to match previous work experience, training and skill.

Please look through this list of Skilled Occupations and tell us which occupations you would apply under. In other words, what jobs you would be looking for.

As TeamEmbo states, depending on what jobs you feel you could do for a living here in NZ, there may be a job offer out there from an accredited employer. You can find the list on the NZIS website.
TeamEmbo and Bevs, thank you for your help tis much appreciated. Hubby will be looking through the list as you have suggested will keep you up to date ....thank you again
kind regards
xxElainexx
Old Jul 1st 2009, 3:21 pm
Just Joined

Pickle Lily is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hijack your thread... I was under the (hopefully misguided) impression that you had to be on a skills shortage list to get a job offer prior to gaining PR, but skilled migrants could gain PR and then apply for jobs.

I'm on the skilled migrants list (environmental consultant) and the OH is on the LTSSL (software developer). I understood that I wouldn't be able to apply for jobs until we get PR. I'm now hopeful that this is wrong and I can apply before lodging an EOI/applying for PR, as the thought of going over as a partner and being dependent on the mister until I can find a job is something I'm fairly uncomfortable with.
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 1:35 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I understood that I wouldn't be able to apply for jobs until we get PR.
There is nothing to stop you applying for jobs . Many folks without enough points for the skilled migrant category need to gain a job offer before they can even submit an EOI.
What you may find is that you need to educate the NZ employer that they can offer you a job prior to a work visa/permit or PR visa.

I was under the (hopefully misguided) impression that you had to be on a skills shortage list to get a job offer prior to gaining PR
You don't need to have your occupation on the shortages lists to apply for a job.
However, if the occupation is on the shortages lists then the employer is free to offer you the job without having to prove to NZIS that there is no NZ citizen or resident that could do that job.

If your occupation isn't on one of the shortage lists but is seen as a skilled occupation, then you can still apply for a job in that occupation. The NZ employer can still offer you that job also, but the NZ employer would also need to show NZIS that you would be the best person for that job and that there is no NZ resident or citizen that could do that job. They do that by showing adverts placed, training records etc.
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 7:20 am
Just Joined

Pickle Lily is an unknown quantity at this point

There is nothing to stop you applying for jobs . Many folks without enough points for the skilled migrant category need to gain a job offer before they can even submit an EOI.
What you may find is that you need to educate the NZ employer that they can offer you a job prior to a work visa/permit or PR visa.

You don't need to have your occupation on the shortages lists to apply for a job.
However, if the occupation is on the shortages lists then the employer is free to offer you the job without having to prove to NZIS that there is no NZ citizen or resident that could do that job.

If your occupation isn't on one of the shortage lists but is seen as a skilled occupation, then you can still apply for a job in that occupation. The NZ employer can still offer you that job also, but the NZ employer would also need to show NZIS that you would be the best person for that job and that there is no NZ resident or citizen that could do that job. They do that by showing adverts placed, training records etc.
That's great! Thanks for your reply. Now feeling a lot better about getting a job.
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

dkb_herts has much to be proud ofdkb_herts has much to be proud ofdkb_herts has much to be proud ofdkb_herts has much to be proud ofdkb_herts has much to be proud ofdkb_herts has much to be proud ofdkb_herts has much to be proud ofdkb_herts has much to be proud ofdkb_herts has much to be proud ofdkb_herts has much to be proud ofdkb_herts has much to be proud of

Many folks without enough points for the skilled migrant category need to gain a job offer before they can even submit an EOI.

That's how it was for me - I applied for jobs and put the EOI in once I got an offer.
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: i know this may sound daft!!

but what and where cn i find the website that shows ur progress in the immigration to nz thing??? ( i am new to this honest)

Berni