British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Points guidance please. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/points-guidance-please-803020/)

luqmans65 Jul 15th 2013 12:56 pm

Points guidance please.

hey any one please guide me about the
10 points: work in an area of absolute skills shortage (does this mean that you have experience whether it is NZ or any country in that skill)
10 points: work in a region outside Auckland ??

"And if the work experience is in an identified future growth area:" i have the work experience in this area but not in NZ.

And if the work experience is in absolute shortage skills: yes i have experience in ICT.

calculating my points are 130. can any body help me will i be selected from the EOI pool having 130 points.

MrsFychan Jul 16th 2013 8:32 am

Re: Points guidance please.

not sure if you would be selected you would have to look back at this years selections.
also not sure you can claim 10 points for outside Auckland if you don't actually know where you would be going if you don't have a job offer.
you can claim the work experience outside NZ if you fit the criteria it states on the form

luqmans65 Jul 16th 2013 8:40 am

Ok thank you.

Persephone Jul 16th 2013 5:56 pm

I have answered these questions in your other thread-please look there:)

Ahhh looks like someone removed your post from the points thread and started this one!

luqmans65 Jul 16th 2013 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 10803379)
I have answered these questions in your other thread-please look there:)

Ahhh looks like someone removed your post from the points thread and started this one!

yes persephone, i appreciate your guidance

BEVS Jul 17th 2013 3:11 am

Oopsie. I moved a couple of posts around yesterday. Sorries guys. :o

ellenarosemary Jul 17th 2013 6:27 am

You can only claim points for outside Auckland work, if you have a job or job offer already - you cant just say you want to work outside Auckland and claim the points - sorry

M_and_M Jul 17th 2013 11:00 am

Work experience points need to be in a comparable NZ work market too, they are particular about what countries are comparable to the NZ employment market.

Persephone Jul 17th 2013 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by M_and_M (Post 10804470)
Work experience points need to be in a comparable NZ work market too, they are particular about what countries are comparable to the NZ employment market.

If you work for a multinational company or your job is on the LTSSL then the comparable labour market does not apply and you can claim points for work experience.
The OP has work experience in absolute skills shortage.

Luqmans-one more thing, have you/your friend looked at the skills shortage list? The qualification must fit into one of those in column 4 to class as being in skills shortage
P:)

luqmans65 Jul 17th 2013 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 10804957)
If you work for a multinational company or your job is on the LTSSL then the comparable labour market does not apply and you can claim points for work experience.
The OP has work experience in absolute skills shortage.

Luqmans-one more thing, have you/your friend looked at the skills shortage list? The qualification must fit into one of those in column 4 to class as being in skills shortage
P:)

yes the qualification is there and the skills is also in the skills shortage list.