Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

"Points claimed for this family member" on EOI - eeek help!

"Points claimed for this family member" on EOI - eeek help!

Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:59 pm
  #16  
P2L
BE Forum Addict
 
P2L's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: NZ
Posts: 3,366
P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Points claimed for this family member" on EOI - eeek help!

Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Awww thanks hun! Nearly done though. Just need to find out where I'm missing stuff in my identity, enter hubby's driving licence details, and figure out why the hell we don't get any points for speaking English, then I'm all done!

We made a statement re the english bit.

" I have spoken English since birth. Both my parents are English speaking and I have been educated at all levels in an English speaking environment in the UK. All courses & qualifications I have completed were taken in English"
P2L is offline  
Old Mar 1st 2007, 9:02 pm
  #17  
Maz
Thread Starter
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 5,763
Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Points claimed for this family member" on EOI - eeek help!

Originally Posted by kev&sarah View Post
We made a statement re the english bit.

" I have spoken English since birth. Both my parents are English speaking and I have been educated at all levels in an English speaking environment in the UK. All courses & qualifications I have completed were taken in English"
Yeah that's what I did. I thought they awarded points for English.

I've completed everything but it keeps not 'sticking' my profession and industry. Is it because I have been picking from their list and copying and pasting them in?... Still, 125 points is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.
Maz is offline  
Old Mar 1st 2007, 9:05 pm
  #18  
P2L
BE Forum Addict
 
P2L's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: NZ
Posts: 3,366
P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Points claimed for this family member" on EOI - eeek help!

Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Yeah that's what I did. I thought they awarded points for English.

I've completed everything but it keeps not 'sticking' my profession and industry. Is it because I have been picking from their list and copying and pasting them in?... Still, 125 points is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

Have you chosen from the drop down box on the page??? It has a code number next to it for the job title & then again below for the industry

We had to keep checking ours was still correct every time we made an amendment
P2L is offline  
Old Mar 1st 2007, 9:07 pm
  #19  
P2L
BE Forum Addict
 
P2L's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: NZ
Posts: 3,366
P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Points claimed for this family member" on EOI - eeek help!

Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Yeah that's what I did. I thought they awarded points for English.

I've completed everything but it keeps not 'sticking' my profession and industry. Is it because I have been picking from their list and copying and pasting them in?... Still, 125 points is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

125 in an area of absolute skills shortage should be no problems. Did you see yesterdays results of the draw?
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra.../smc280207.htm
P2L is offline  
Old Mar 1st 2007, 9:11 pm
  #20  
Maz
Thread Starter
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 5,763
Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Points claimed for this family member" on EOI - eeek help!

Originally Posted by kev&sarah View Post
Have you chosen from the drop down box on the page??? It has a code number next to it for the job title & then again below for the industry

We had to keep checking ours was still correct every time we made an amendment
Got it! You *must* use their search button. Then it'll link in the code etc.

Originally Posted by kev&sarah View Post
125 in an area of absolute skills shortage should be no problems. Did you see yesterdays results of the draw?
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra.../smc280207.htm
Yes I did thanks! xxx Thank you for all your help Sarah. Always nice to have someone to hold one's hand when filling out this kind of thing.

Am submitting now. Exceedingly excited!
Maz is offline  
Old Mar 1st 2007, 9:13 pm
  #21  
P2L
BE Forum Addict
 
P2L's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: NZ
Posts: 3,366
P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Points claimed for this family member" on EOI - eeek help!

Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Got it! You *must* use their search button. Then it'll link in the code etc.



Yes I did thanks! xxx Thank you for all your help Sarah. Always nice to have someone to hold one's hand when filling out this kind of thing.

Am submitting now. Exceedingly excited!

OOOOOHHHHHHHH Good Luck. I've crossed everything for you
P2L is offline  
Old Mar 1st 2007, 9:16 pm
  #22  
Maz
Thread Starter
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 5,763
Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Points claimed for this family member" on EOI - eeek help!

Originally Posted by kev&sarah View Post
OOOOOHHHHHHHH Good Luck. I've crossed everything for you
Everything? That might be painful! Actually as we have 12 days until the next draw, I'm going to get hubby's driving licence number... and maybe contact a couple more agencies.
Maz is offline  
Old Mar 1st 2007, 9:22 pm
  #23  
WAS bored stiff in USA
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: now in Ashburton nz yahoo
Posts: 79
cyndi is a name known to allcyndi is a name known to allcyndi is a name known to allcyndi is a name known to allcyndi is a name known to allcyndi is a name known to allcyndi is a name known to allcyndi is a name known to allcyndi is a name known to allcyndi is a name known to allcyndi is a name known to all
Default Re: "Points claimed for this family member" on EOI - eeek help!

Maz, off topic I know but have you sent off for your FBI checks yet? If not send off for them before you send in your EOI. We waited 'til we knew we were going to be sent our ITA (big big mistake). Sent off for my UK polce check & FBI checks mid December, got my UK one back within 3 weeks. Hadn't heard a dicky bird from the FBI so OH sent off an e-mail to them last Friday asking what was going on. We had put on the cover letter that these checks were time sensitive due to immigration.



We got an e-mail back on Monday & this is what it said.............

Dear Mr & Mrs............

Due to the volume of work we are receiving, we can no longer confirm receipt of record requests until the requestor's information is entered into our database. Your information has not been entered into our database at this moment but we are continually updating the database. We are no longer honoring requeats for expedited processing unless it is strictly a matter of life & death. Please feel free to check back periodically.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely ................



We have to lodge our ITA by 23rd march & had been already told by NZIS to put off medicals we had booked as they are only valid for 3 months, & they said FBI checks were taking absolutely ages.

We are about to e-mail our case officer & just hope she'll be understanding. I know we can submit everything else & they can put it on hold 'til the rest of the bumph comes through. Bloody FBI honestly.
cyndi is offline  
Old Mar 1st 2007, 9:41 pm
  #24  
Maz
Thread Starter
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 5,763
Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Points claimed for this family member" on EOI - eeek help!

Originally Posted by cyndi View Post
Maz, off topic I know but have you sent off for your FBI checks yet? If not send off for them before you send in your EOI. We waited 'til we knew we were going to be sent our ITA (big big mistake). Sent off for my UK polce check & FBI checks mid December, got my UK one back within 3 weeks. Hadn't heard a dicky bird from the FBI so OH sent off an e-mail to them last Friday asking what was going on. We had put on the cover letter that these checks were time sensitive due to immigration.



We got an e-mail back on Monday & this is what it said.............

Dear Mr & Mrs............

Due to the volume of work we are receiving, we can no longer confirm receipt of record requests until the requestor's information is entered into our database. Your information has not been entered into our database at this moment but we are continually updating the database. We are no longer honoring requeats for expedited processing unless it is strictly a matter of life & death. Please feel free to check back periodically.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely ................



We have to lodge our ITA by 23rd march & had been already told by NZIS to put off medicals we had booked as they are only valid for 3 months, & they said FBI checks were taking absolutely ages.

We are about to e-mail our case officer & just hope she'll be understanding. I know we can submit everything else & they can put it on hold 'til the rest of the bumph comes through. Bloody FBI honestly.
Oops too late! I know I've been put through the FBI, CIA and Interpol files, and have my French police record (blank ) but will file for those right now. I'll search on their site, thanks so much Cyndi!
Maz is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.