Points Calculations

Old Jul 18th 2010, 1:57 am
Just Joined

aliabidy110 is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Points Calculations

Dear all

I want to know if I do qualify for New Zealand Immigration, my qualification and experience is as follows all in Pakistan.

1. I completed my bachelors in commerce in 2002 (2 YEARS 72 Credit Hours).
2. I did my Masters in Computer Sciences in 2009 (2 YEARS 66 Credit Hours).
3. I am SCJP(Sun Certified Java Programmer for 1.3 and 1.4) did in 2002.
4. I have got over six years of professional IT experience in J2EE software development.

I will really appreciate any response to this query hence on the New Zealand immigration web site looks really tricky to me, thanks in advance.

Thanks and regards
Ali Abidy
Old Jul 18th 2010, 6:53 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Points Calculations

Bless your socks.

I think the NZIS site is far less complicated that the Ozzy one.

First thing is the POINTS INDICATOR. if you are looking to migrating to New Zealand and become an NZ resident under the skilled migrant category.

I can't see that qualifications from Pakistan are automatically recognised but do check this out direct with the NZIS service.

If not recognised you would need to go for an NZQA assessment.
Old Dec 18th 2010, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

sherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nice

Originally Posted by aliabidy110
Dear all

I want to know if I do qualify for New Zealand Immigration, my qualification and experience is as follows all in Pakistan.

4. I have got over six years of professional IT experience in J2EE software development.

I will really appreciate any response to this query hence on the New Zealand immigration web site looks really tricky to me, thanks in advance.

Thanks and regards
Ali Abidy
Hi Ali

I have a similar situation !
Degree is 16 years B.Sc and expreince in ERP Implemention of 6 years (All Pakistan). Please advise if you found solution related to degree recognition.

Sherry
Old Dec 18th 2010, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

FriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sherry9oct
Hi Ali

I have a similar situation !
Degree is 16 years B.Sc and expreince in ERP Implemention of 6 years (All Pakistan). Please advise if you found solution related to degree recognition.

Sherry
Hi Ali & Sherry,

First of all i am agreed with BEVS that NZIS site is far less complicated that the Ozzy one.

I have same qualifications and experiences like you guys, U can check my time lines in my reply.

For ur ease i am mentioning my qualifications and experiences

14 Years BA
1 year PGD in Comp. Sc. KU
2 Years MCS from KU

Have 10+ years professional Experience

I already got +iv PAR from NZQA and currently had applied for full IQA.

already have been seleceted in EOI.

So i think u can move forward and try ur skills if you want to move NZ.
Old Dec 19th 2010, 6:24 am
Banned

robbyarg is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds pretty good to me. First of all, find the ANZSCO code to which your qualification/work experience belongs. You can go the the immigration site (www.immigration.govt.nz) and do a check with the EOI lodgment form where you select all details. Since your qualification seems to be ICT based, it's probably going to get you absolute skills shortage points, long term skills as well. I don't know your age, so can't say how many points you get there. But it looks a bit like you getting somewhere around 115 to 125 points (which is pretty good) with 15 points work experience.

I know someone who got selected with far lesser points, so I personally fancy your chances.

Originally Posted by aliabidy110
Dear all

Thanks and regards
Ali Abidy
Old Dec 19th 2010, 6:25 am
Banned

robbyarg is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL all the way mate. Good post.

Originally Posted by BEVS
Bless your socks.

I think the NZIS site is far less complicated that the Ozzy one.

First thing is the POINTS INDICATOR. if you are looking to migrating to New Zealand and become an NZ resident under the skilled migrant category.

I can't see that qualifications from Pakistan are automatically recognised but do check this out direct with the NZIS service.

If not recognised you would need to go for an NZQA assessment.