British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Points Calculation... am I correct?? please confirm (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/points-calculation-am-i-correct-please-confirm-705214/)

baazighar Feb 13th 2011 10:22 am

Points Calculation... am I correct?? please confirm

Hello everybody,
I'm very new to this forum(NewZealand), and this is my first post here. I did a thorough research on this fourm and got some idea on this, but to get a confirmation from you experienced guys I'm posting this... hope you people understand.

Could anybody please confirm whether I'm correct in calculating my points.. below is the classification...

I'm currently working in Information Technology industry for last 4.5 years(whole experience is in India)(ACS ANZSCO Code: 261312), and my qualifications are : Post graduation in India(i.e. Master of Computer Applicatons, 3 years), and another Post Graduation from Sydney, Australia (i.e. Master of Information Technology, 2 years), and NEVER been to NewZealand.

Work Experience in Skilled Employment (4.5 years) : 15
Bonus Points(for Experience)
1. work exp. in an identified growth area
(all my exp. is in information communications technology) : 10
2. Work exp. in an area of absolute skills shortage
(my skills are assessed as ANZSCO 261312 which is
in absolute skills shortage) : 10

Qualifications
Recognised Postgratuate Qualification : 55
Bonus Points(for Qualifications)
1. Qualification in an identified future growth area
(my 2 PG's are in computer related field) : 10
2. Qualification in an area of absolute skills shortage) : 10

Age (30 - 39) : 25

Having a total of 135 points, could anybody give a guess about the chances of picking my EOI from the pool.

Anybody having any thoughts, please go ahead and reply

Sorry for posting such a lengthy post, just want to be clear :)

Thanks for reading...

4pommes Feb 13th 2011 1:50 pm

Re: Points Calculation... am I correct?? please confirm

If you fill in your details in the EOI form online it calculates your points accurately for you. Only way you'll really know if what you have worked out matches up with immigration.

You don't need to send your application....just useful for accurate points.

baazighar Feb 13th 2011 2:27 pm

Thanks 4Pommes, I actually did that. Actually my confusion was about "Bonus Points". I read somewhere(not in this forum) that if Qualifications/Experience is not in NewZealand then we wont be eligible to get the Bonus Points. Is that correct??
While filling the online form to see if I'm eligible, I got the doubt whether I'm eligible to get the Bonus points or not.
Hope somebody will clarify.
Thanks

simonsi Feb 13th 2011 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by baazighar (Post 9173435)
Thanks 4Pommes, I actually did that. Actually my confusion was about "Bonus Points". I read somewhere(not in this forum) that if Qualifications/Experience is not in NewZealand then we wont be eligible to get the Bonus Points. Is that correct??
While filling the online form to see if I'm eligible, I got the doubt whether I'm eligible to get the Bonus points or not.
Hope somebody will clarify.
Thanks

The operations manual on the NZIS website is very clear...have a read of the relevant section and it should explain it to you.