Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

plumbing+heating engineer supervisor/designer

plumbing+heating engineer supervisor/designer

Old Jan 23rd 2011, 11:35 am
Just Joined

leeleelee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default plumbing+heating engineer supervisor/designer

Hi I have passed my initial immigration test but I need a sponsor to New zealand can you help. I,m free to move as soon as possible. I have 16yrs experiance have installed countless heat pumps, solar, Biomass, Under floor heating. I can design as I am currently the technical supervisor at a firm know. I have my gas qualifications, solid fuel, solar, LPG.
If you know of a firm who sponsored someone that would be great
All the best
Lee

Last edited by leeleelee; Jan 23rd 2011 at 11:43 am.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 8:35 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: plumbing+heating engineer supervisor/designer

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Sorry for being a bit thick.

What initial immigration test have you passed? From where?

My husband is a fully qualified plumber/gasfitter with extensive solar, underfloor experience etc so I know something of the trade and also what is required for an overseas person within this trade to come to New Zealand.

Are you a qualified plumber / gasfitter please? You don't actually say.

One doesn't get ' employer sponsorship' here in New Zealand. That's a certain class of visa for Australia.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

Sorry! Yeah I am qualified to NVQ3

I have filled the initial web forms in and to get immigration I require a sponsor or a job offer of employment

I too may also be a little thick, sorry
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 8:56 pm
`

Ah ! No worries.

So how many points did you get from the NZIS points indicator. out of interest.

Could you please have a browse of the ANZSCO listing and say which occupation is relevant to your NVQ qualifications and work experience. I'm a bit confused if you are a fully qualified plumber or gasfitter. Both. Or something else.

Are you under 35 ? Asking for a reason . Not to be a right noseholes.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

334114 Gasfitter

I suppose ?

I got 95 points and I am 38 years old

Last edited by BEVS; Jan 23rd 2011 at 10:36 pm. Reason: merge
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 10:08 pm
Banned

Expat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Lee I'm not sure that 95 points is going to get you very far but Bevs is a veritable guru when it comes to your line of work so you're in good hands.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

Fantastic!

Bev! Please coach me, teach me, point me in the right direction.

I am all the things I say I am but don,t seem to be able to put my finger right on it if you know wot I mean?. Supervisor and renewable energy designer just is not on the lists. So do I just put myself in as Gas fitter or plumber?.

Originally Posted by BEVS
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Sorry for being a bit thick.

What initial immigration test have you passed? From where?

My husband is a fully qualified plumber/gasfitter with extensive solar, underfloor experience etc so I know something of the trade and also what is required for an overseas person within this trade to come to New Zealand.

Are you a qualified plumber / gasfitter please? You don't actually say.

One doesn't get ' employer sponsorship' here in New Zealand. That's a certain class of visa for Australia.
What is required for an overseas person within this trade to come to New Zealand?

Last edited by BEVS; Jan 23rd 2011 at 10:35 pm. Reason: merge
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 11:09 pm
`

Please describe the job

Supervisor and renewable energy designer
Who do you supervise and exactly what is it you design.
Do you mean you research & develop sustainable and renewable green energy systems
or
Do you mean that if someone contacts for advice and a quote for a hot water solar tube installation or a heat pump, perhaps a heat transfer system etc, you are the one that compiles the details for that job and if accepted, you are the one that gives out the work for someone to install?

Sounds nitpicky but the two are very different.

I'd like you to have a read of the PGDB website please and come back to me with your thoughts.

I know this all seems a bit slow given you just asked about someone giving you a job offer here in NZ but it ain't that easy for several reasons. I just want to make sure that what I write to about your possible options will be relevant to you.