please some help

Old Feb 28th 2008, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

patoche84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default please some help

Hi, my name is patrick and i am german citizen. My partner sandy is canadian and currently we are living in canada. We are planning to relocate to new zealand in january 2009. Right now my girlfriend is on maternity leave and she plans to start working again in february 2009.
After the EOI-Quick-Check we would get 130 points without joboffer. I was wondering if it would already make sense to apply online for the EOI or if we should wait a few more months? How long is the processing time and if selected and permitted visa application, how many months does my girlfriend have to find a job?
I hope someone knows answers to this questions.

Thanks a lot and greetings from calgary

Patrick
Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:16 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: please some help

Originally Posted by patoche84
Hi, my name is patrick and i am german citizen. My partner sandy is canadian and currently we are living in canada. We are planning to relocate to new zealand in january 2009. Right now my girlfriend is on maternity leave and she plans to start working again in february 2009.
OK.
After the EOI-Quick-Check we would get 130 points without job offer. I was wondering if it would already make sense to apply online for the EOI or if we should wait a few more months? How long is the processing time and if selected and permitted visa application, how many months does my girlfriend have to find a job?
I hope someone knows answers to this questions.
EOIs are drawn every fortnight. If you are selected then you will be offered an Invitation to Apply (ITA). This may be a matter of weeks or perhaps months. In my case it was only a couple of weeks whilst others have reportedly waited several months. After you have been issued your ITA you will have four months to collect your documents, medical reports, x-rays and police clearances and put them altogether into a tidy little package. Then New Zealand Immigration Service will make a decision whether to grant you permanent residency or not. So, you ask, how long does it take? Well, sorry mate, but timelines are all over the place.

At any rate, if your application is successful you'd have one year to get you and your new family over here to activate your residency. As far as getting a job, if your residency isn't tied to any particular employer you are free to work at whatever for whomever whenever. You could choose not to work at all if you have the financial means to do so.
Bottom line, go for it now. In fact, get cracking on it now.
Thanks a lot and greetings from calgary

Patrick
Good luck Patrick.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

patoche84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: please some help

thanks so much....