Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Please keep your fingers crossed for us !!!!

Please keep your fingers crossed for us !!!!

Old Jun 18th 2009, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

Mudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really nice
Default Re: Please keep your fingers crossed for us !!!!

Wow they really are putting you thro it, but keep holding on in there
I never thought this process would be this mind fuzzling!!!!
We have finally put our oversized parcel in the post so will wait to hear our fate, keep you pecka up
Old Jun 18th 2009, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

vjnetkan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Moo,

I am Vijay. Apart from my ALT being 62 my other results were ok. Did your OH get all his LFTs (AST Bilrubin etc)raised or was it only his ALT?

Thanks,
VJ
Old Jun 18th 2009, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

Paula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud of
Angry Re: Please keep your fingers crossed for us !!!!

Hi Moo

I have sent in my visa application (Parent Visa) and I know that my Liver Function Test will not be normal. I found this out from a routine LFT by my Practice Nurse about 2 years ago and I asked to be investigated in the Liver Unit at a major hospital because I wanted to know why and also I knew that I would be having a medical for my visa application in the near future. After lots of in depth blood tests and liver scans x 2, the results have come back as a "slightly fatty liver" and if anyone else in the medical profession asks me how much alcohol I drink per week I will go potty (half a bottle of wine a week is my limit). I asked the Liver Consultant to write a letter "to whom it may concern" and he did a very detailed one for the Immigration Department and the bottom line was that he said that I did not have anything that would make him or any other Consultant do a liver biopsy as it was not needed - therefore it would not be performed.

Only hope that they cannot make me have a liver biopsy if my results are referred to a MA!! He said at the end of the letter that I just needed a yearly Liver Function Test and nothing else and my prognosis was excellent!!

So I am watching the results of your application very very closely as you can imagine.

I will be keeping all my fingers and toes crossed - and who knows if we keep in touch we may meet up in Tauranga some day as that is where I and my husband are heading (subject to satisfactory medical clearance of course)!!!

Old Jun 18th 2009, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

sjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MooMoo290373
Just a quickie oohhh missus lol

Had email this afternoon from C/O to say all info has been passed to her manager to make the decision wether to sign Scotts medical of or to refer it if need be so if medicals are signed off she will complete application so it is signed off over next few days and not referred

Thanks for all the good luck you guys are sending it`s helping to keep the stress levels down
Hi,

We had hiccups with OHs LFTs. They were raised in original medical & then CO asked for repeat bloods & report if abnormal from GP. OH duly had new bloods done which were then significantly reduced compare to originals, but one result was slightly out & another result that was normal on original became abnormal on repeat due to a narrower reference range used by our local lab compared to private lab - aagh!!

I did send e-mail to CO pointing this out. At telephone interview, CO stated that she had only just received our new reports but that she would have to look to see if she could sign them off (by checking the results against criteria given to them - this seems to suggest to me a bit of leeway on certain items), or if her manager could sign them off or if they would have to go further.

Either way we had an e-mail 5 days later giving us PR so someone somewhere signed them off.

Interestingly they didn't ask for any further tests, information etc.etc. regarding DD's soft heart murmur which was discovered during the medical!!

Hoping that you hear very soon.

Last edited by sjake; Jun 18th 2009 at 9:13 pm.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 6:20 am
BE Enthusiast

MooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vjnetkan
Hi Moo,

I am Vijay. Apart from my ALT being 62 my other results were ok. Did your OH get all his LFTs (AST Bilrubin etc)raised or was it only his ALT?

Thanks,
VJ
Hi

Its hubbys protein and Albuim that are slightly raised.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 8:11 am
Just Joined

vjnetkan is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your reply Moo.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

MooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We still have`nt heard yet back from medical assesors reguarding hubbys medicals, i am sick with worry that they are gonna say no and all our dreams for the last 5 years will be over, .....i just canny stand the waiting i have never checked our emails so much in my life, it`s killing me

Fingers crossed we will know one way or the other in next couple of days
Old Jun 24th 2009, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

Mudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really nice

Such a worry'n time for you, we are keeping our finger and toes crossed for you all :f ingerscrossed:
Try not to ware your finger prints away!!!!
Keep us informed as to your progress, all the best.......
Old Jun 24th 2009, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

They are certainly putting you through it but we have everything crossed for you.
Good Luck XX
Old Jun 24th 2009, 10:57 pm
BOP
Just Joined

BOP is on a distinguished road

With the info from your GP all will be fine , it's just the process they need to go through.
Stay optimistic and you'll soon be here with the worries behind you!!
Old Jun 29th 2009, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Still no news yet am really starting to panic, as i need to hand my notice in at work, end of this week, whats more annoying is that hubby emailed c/o Friday and first thing this morning and she still had not replied back to emails i feel like im going slightly mad, it is just worrying, my son is due to start secondary school sept if we are still here, cannot let them know for definate wether he will be or not. everyone wants answers that i just cannot give them. sorry rant over .

Ginny
Old Jun 29th 2009, 5:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BOP
With the info from your GP all will be fine , it's just the process they need to go through.
Stay optimistic and you'll soon be here with the worries behind you!!
Totally agree. Keep your chin up and we hope you hear good news soon.
Old Jun 29th 2009, 9:58 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RobDon
Totally agree. Keep your chin up and we hope you hear good news soon.
Everything still crossed for you! .... don't you just hate 'limbo land'! must be so frustrating for you, hope you hear good news soon!!
B x
Old Jun 30th 2009, 12:20 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Not surprised you are feeling it. Chin up Ginny and family.

Fingers crossed to be reading that this is sorted this week and you are on your way.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 5:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks guys

We had an email about 5pm last night, c/o has not yet heard back yet, and that we should no this week ( she said this last week) however hubby emailed her straight back stressing that it is coming right down to the wire now, and as a nurse himself he cannot understand what is really holding us up, his medical has been approved by Tauranga Hospital for him to work there, fair enough LFTS areVERY SLIGHTLY RAISED but the liver scan showed a fine and healthy liver. He has spoken to some doctors at the hospital he works in and they tell him that with his results and reports it would show him as fit and healthy. This is just so very frustrating But hopefully c/o will come back with an answer this week, so thank you all for keeping for us

Ginny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.