Please help, problem in xray

Old Jul 2nd 2013, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

clarity26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please help, problem in xray

Hi everyone! I hope someone here could help me with my next decision.
My application for Silver Fern JSV was successfully received last April 29. I am very much ready to lodge my application until I got a call from the panel doctor last Monday about a spot in my X-ray. I am very much surprised by this as I did not have any difficulty passing medical exams before. I have not been sick for years, nothing found on my other medical tests, just my X-ray showing the spot. It is a very small spot and I do not recall being sick, losing weight, or do not have symptoms like cough or colds.

I am not sure now of my next move as the referred doctor will not give me clearance and is asking me to get treatment even if I get a negative result on a sputum test. I did consult for a second opinion and the pulmonologist was not convinced about it being TB because of its structure and can be a number of things like a scar, although monitoring must be done or trial medication. Because of all of these I am now sure that I will not make it as having 'cleared lungs' to the July 29 deadline.

May I know of your thoughts, whether I should push through with my lodgement and inform immigration about this, will they probably grant me an extension or is it totally a dead end for my sfv application and should not even think about lodging? if it is the latter it will break my heart so please break it gently hehe..

thank you and hopefully i will receive some replies.