Please help : NZ Skilled Migration

Old Aug 23rd 2009, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

harsh0507 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please help : NZ Skilled Migration

Hi,

I'm a mechanical engineer from India. My age is 48 years. I have a 4-yr bachelor degree in mechanical engineering and experience of 24 years in my field. My wife has a 3-yr bachelor of commerce degree. We are planning to migrate to New Zealand under the Skilled Migration Category.

I've calulated my points as below :

Recognised undergraduate qualification -> 50
Age -> 10
Work experience in skilled employment -> 30
Partner holds a recognised qualification -> 20
Work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage -> 15
Qualification in an area of absolute skills shortage -> 10

However i'm doubtful about the absolute skills shortage points (Work experience and qualification both).

Because in the LTSSL (Long term skills shortage list) it is written that if mechanical engineer degree is accredited by Washington accord then only i can claim the absolute skills shortage points.

I passed my degree around 25 years back from Sardar Patel University which is listed on the List of qualifications exempt from assessment. Here -> http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/9792.htm

Does that mean that my degree is already Washington accord accredited ?

While googling about Washington accord i came across this page -> http://www.digitallearning.in/news/n...ID=12038&inc=1

It is written that India joined Washington accord in Oct 2007.

But i passed my degree in 1984. So, is my degree also accredited by washington accord ?
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Please help : NZ Skilled Migration

Someone plz reply ...

I'm sure there are many people on this forum who are fully aware of immigration rules ...
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 11:26 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I am sorry that you did not receive a response from someone within two and a half hours but with due respect, this is a voluntary information exchange forum and posts made are based on our collective experiences as migrants and hopeful migrants. We share . No more.

If you require an instant and in depth reply, then may I suggest you look to hire a registered and licensed NZ immigration consultant. You can find them listed on the NZAMI website.

Please read this previous post I made . All I did was to google for the details of the IPENZ website and then to go to the NZIS website to look up the requirements for the occupation.

I would suggest you contact NZIS and ask them about this direct. You can also try contacting IPENZ Engineer NZ. I would think they would be able to give you direct information about this.

Last edited by BEVS; Aug 23rd 2009 at 11:29 pm.
Old Aug 24th 2009, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

I'm sorry i made the 2nd post as there were no replies ... I didn't knew that people such as u were on this forum ... We are here only to discuss about immigration ... So, better don't teach me what to ask where ... Sorry for being rude ...
Old Aug 24th 2009, 9:59 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

People such as me ? I am the only person to reply to your question and I did so as a BE user like anyone else.

Your first two posts were made in the early hours of the NZ morning. We were all in our beds ! People in the UK & Europe would most likely have been at work.

So, better don't teach me what to ask where

My post was intended to show you where to ask for help.

I'm sure there are many people on this forum who are fully aware of immigration rules
No. As I stated, this is an information exchange. We, as migrants, expats and hopeful migrants exchange and share . No more than that.

If you want someone who is 'fully aware of immigration rules' then you need to ask NZIS direct or employ an immigration consultant.

Did you open the link to a previous post I made to a very similar query. The best people to advise you about the Washington Accord is the IPENZ Engineers NZ.

Contact them. I am sure they will help you if they can.