British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Please Help me Calculate My Points (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/please-help-me-calculate-my-points-851235/)

salmanearn Jan 22nd 2015 5:36 am

Please Help me Calculate My Points

Dear All,

I am looking to apply for New Zealand Immigration.I understand most of the thing,however there are few grey areas i need to clear my understanding on.

Here is a Calculation i am going for my self :

25 points for Age as i am 31 at the moment: 30-39 years

20 Points for 6 year Work experience in skilled employment
(System /Network Engineer)

(I have no work experince in newzealand but my experience is in the list of the area of absolute skill shortage in long term shortage list ). Can I claim bonus points for work experience out side Newzeland.

60 points for Masters in Computer Science for UK(Exempt form assessment)

My Undergrad is not exempt for assessment . In order to claim points for my masters do i still need assist my undergrad degree in IT.

10 points: qualification in an area of absolute skills shortage(MSc Networks)

20 points: if your partner holds a level 7+ qualification.(B pharma)

25+20+60+10+20=135

Only If i can get 10 extra points for work experience is in an area of absolute skills shortage:10 points: 2 to 5 years experience
My points will become 145 And I will be good to go.

I really appreciate any ones feeds back about my calculation. Tell me if have missed some thing in it .

Many Thanks for reading

Regards

Earl

escapedtonz Jan 23rd 2015 7:11 am

Re: Please Help me Calculate My Points

Originally Posted by salmanearn (Post 11541219)
Dear All,

I am looking to apply for New Zealand Immigration.I understand most of the thing,however there are few grey areas i need to clear my understanding on.

Here is a Calculation i am going for my self :

25 points for Age as i am 31 at the moment: 30-39 years

20 Points for 6 year Work experience in skilled employment
(System /Network Engineer)

(I have no work experince in newzealand but my experience is in the list of the area of absolute skill shortage in long term shortage list ). Can I claim bonus points for work experience out side Newzeland.

60 points for Masters in Computer Science for UK(Exempt form assessment)

My Undergrad is not exempt for assessment . In order to claim points for my masters do i still need assist my undergrad degree in IT.

10 points: qualification in an area of absolute skills shortage(MSc Networks)

20 points: if your partner holds a level 7+ qualification.(B pharma)

25+20+60+10+20=135

Only If i can get 10 extra points for work experience is in an area of absolute skills shortage:10 points: 2 to 5 years experience
My points will become 145 And I will be good to go.

I really appreciate any ones feeds back about my calculation. Tell me if have missed some thing in it .

Many Thanks for reading

Regards

Earl

Hi,

I have calculated you with 140 points and 150 points :thumbsup:

If there is an occupation on the Long Term Skills Shortage List that you feel you match AND you also meet the requirements for that occupation exactly (see the column to the right of the occupation), then yes you can claim the extra points.

You will probably need to use the Level 7 Bachelors degree for the absolute skill shortage points as Masters is too high and does not meet the requirements so with that said I expect you will have to have it assessed first.

Just using the Level 7 Bachelors, you will get 50 points for it (against 60 for the Master's) but using this instead of the Master's also lets you claim the extra 10 points for absolute skill shortage so your total is 140.

I'm unsure if you can claim 60 points for the Master's then use another qualification (i.e. the Bachelors) for the absolute skill shortage points ?
If you can do this your total will be 150.

salmanearn Jan 23rd 2015 12:23 pm

Thanks for the reply :) . I am just pushing for the masters because Its saves time and money. I dont need to assist my UK masters as it is in the exempt list.
Dont you think logically speaking Level 7 is the least trash hold to claim bonus points any thing above should automatically included ?
Just on the theory if they assist me for 135 is there still a good chance of getting selected. Or any thing below is very less likely.

Thanks for the suggestion

Regards
Salman

escapedtonz Jan 23rd 2015 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by salmanearn (Post 11542894)
Thanks for the reply :) . I am just pushing for the masters because Its saves time and money. I dont need to assist my UK masters as it is in the exempt list.
Dont you think logically speaking Level 7 is the least trash hold to claim bonus points any thing above should automatically included ?
Just on the theory if they assist me for 135 is there still a good chance of getting selected. Or any thing below is very less likely.

Thanks for the suggestion

Regards
Salman

Sorry, can you re-phrase "Dont you think logically speaking Level 7 is the least trash hold to claim bonus points any thing above should automatically included ?" as I do not understand :blink:

An EOI with 135 points and without any bonus points for a job offer has little chance of ever being selected....look at the historical selections here :-

2014 selections and NZ Residence Programme Fact Sheets - New Zealand Immigration Service

As you can see, all fortnightly selection places since the beginning of May 2014 have been taken by EOI's of 140 points or above (automatically selected) and others with points between 100 and 135 but with a job or job offer.
The last time an EOI with 135 and no job offer selected was end April 2014.

salmanearn Jan 23rd 2015 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by escapedtonz (Post 11542924)
Sorry, can you re-phrase "Dont you think logically speaking Level 7 is the least trash hold to claim bonus points any thing above should automatically included ?" as I do not understand :blink:

An EOI with 135 points and without any bonus points for a job offer has little chance of ever being selected....look at the historical selections here :-

2014 selections and NZ Residence Programme Fact Sheets - New Zealand Immigration Service

As you can see, all fortnightly selection places since the beginning of May 2014 have been taken by EOI's of 140 points or above (automatically selected) and others with points between 100 and 135 but with a job or job offer.

I mean to say any think below 7(Bachelors) you can not claim points but every think above will automatically be qualified to claim points :)

salmanearn Jan 23rd 2015 1:05 pm

Any way my main question was answered I can claim points for my experience out side Newzealand. Many Many thanks for your free consultancy (っ◕‿◕)っ

rtalwar85 Feb 17th 2015 4:58 pm

Hi All,

I have done MCA 5 year integrated course(BCA +MCA)from Guru nanak dev university ,how much I will score in EOI ?60 or 50 ? I have around 6 year of exp(software ) ,score ielts 7+ ,my wife is also software engineer around 6 year of exp (she is btech).can some body calculate my score and help me....

salmanearn Feb 18th 2015 6:39 am

Originally Posted by rtalwar85 (Post 11568181)
Hi All,

I have done MCA 5 year integrated course(BCA +MCA)from Guru nanak dev university ,how much I will score in EOI ?60 or 50 ? I have around 6 year of exp(software ) ,score ielts 7+ ,my wife is also software engineer around 6 year of exp (she is btech).can some body calculate my score and help me....

You need evaluate your BCA +MCA first if its evaluated at bachelors you will get 50 and if its masters then you will get 60. You will get 20 points for your wife. But need to evaluate here education if its not in the list of degrees exempt from assessment.

salmanearn Feb 18th 2015 6:43 am

Originally Posted by rtalwar85 (Post 11568181)
Hi All,

India

Check it here

yami22 Apr 19th 2015 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by escapedtonz (Post 11542586)
Hi,

I have calculated you with 140 points and 150 points :thumbsup:

If there is an occupation on the Long Term Skills Shortage List that you feel you match AND you also meet the requirements for that occupation exactly (see the column to the right of the occupation), then yes you can claim the extra points.

You will probably need to use the Level 7 Bachelors degree for the absolute skill shortage points as Masters is too high and does not meet the requirements so with that said I expect you will have to have it assessed first.

Just using the Level 7 Bachelors, you will get 50 points for it (against 60 for the Master's) but using this instead of the Master's also lets you claim the extra 10 points for absolute skill shortage so your total is 140.

I'm unsure if you can claim 60 points for the Master's then use another qualification (i.e. the Bachelors) for the absolute skill shortage points ?
If you can do this your total will be 150.

Hi all

i wont to know the below question must be in new zealand or overseas
Number of years work experience in any one of New Zealand's:
identified future growth areas ?

areas of absolute skills shortage ?

And if you can help me calculate my point

- me and my wife telecom engineer (on of areas of absolute skills shortage).
- age 26 - 27 .
- my experience 3 year overseas at KSA .
- education degree Bachelor Degree In Electronic Engineering with honer .

thank you :)

salmanearn Apr 20th 2015 7:31 am

http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...d-pool-810756/

Please see how much point you get from here

mikelincs Apr 20th 2015 7:44 am

Originally Posted by escapedtonz (Post 11542924)

I suspect that should have been 'threshold'

salmanearn Apr 20th 2015 9:33 am

Originally Posted by mikelincs (Post 11623302)

Thanks for correcting it After long time :)

escapedtonz Apr 20th 2015 11:01 am

Originally Posted by mikelincs (Post 11623302)

Ha Ha damn auto correct! :lol:

yami22 Apr 20th 2015 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by salmanearn (Post 11623292)
http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...d-pool-810756/

Please see how much point you get from here

thank for your support :) , as attached photo i get 140 point , kindly correct me if i am wrong .http://www.postimg.org/image/pxy9iel6b
http://postimg.org/image/pxy9iel6b