PLEASE HELP with EOI

Old Jul 7th 2011, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

bumba is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PLEASE HELP with EOI

Dear all,

I have my PAR today by NZQA & it says i have a qualification at Level 7 on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework. I have work experience as Software engineer for last 6 years. My total point is 125.

I only did PAR from NZQA. Can i apply for EOI now? or do i need any other assessment i.e. for claim bonus point for job experiences?
Old Jul 7th 2011, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

bumba is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PLEASE HELP with EOI

Originally Posted by bumba View Post
Dear all,

I have my PAR today by NZQA & it says i have a qualification at Level 7 on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework. I have work experience as Software engineer for last 6 years. My total point is 125.

I only did PAR from NZQA. Can i apply for EOI now? or do i need any other assessment i.e. for claim bonus point for job experiences?
I calculated my total point is 125

-Qualification: B.Sc. Computer Science and Engineering (4 years degree) - 50 Points (as in level 7 in NZQF)
-Bonus Points for recognized Qualifications in an absolute area of skill shortage - 10 Points
-6 years IT work Experience - 20 Points
-Bonus Points for recognized work Experience in an area of absolute skill shortage - 15 Points

If I submit EOI claiming 125 points (included 15 bonus points for work experience in an area of absolute skill shortage and without NZ job offer)

can i still claim following bonus point????
- Bonus Points for identified future growth area - 10 Points
-Bonus Points for recognized work Experience in an area of identified future growth area - 15 Points
Old Jul 7th 2011, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

Snazishaz is a name known to allSnazishaz is a name known to allSnazishaz is a name known to allSnazishaz is a name known to allSnazishaz is a name known to allSnazishaz is a name known to allSnazishaz is a name known to allSnazishaz is a name known to allSnazishaz is a name known to allSnazishaz is a name known to allSnazishaz is a name known to all
Red face Re: PLEASE HELP with EOI

Originally Posted by bumba View Post
Dear all,

Hi and welcome
yes i think you can safely go ahead with EOI, was a while ago when i done it but if my memory serves me right I believe if you have 125 points you will automatically go into the pool and your EOI is usually assesed within a couple of weeks. As the pool is done every 2 weeks. Good luck !
Old Jul 8th 2011, 1:22 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snazishaz View Post
Hi and welcome
yes i think you can safely go ahead with EOI, was a while ago when i done it but if my memory serves me right I believe if you have 125 points you will automatically go into the pool and your EOI is usually assesed within a couple of weeks. As the pool is done every 2 weeks. Good luck !
Not quite correct but thanks for helping. The more the merrier.

100 points is the minimum to enter the EOI pool. 140 points is an automatic pull from the EOI pool. An EOI stays in the pool for 6 months. Draws from the pool are usually fortnightly & there is a pecking order.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 2:27 am
Forum Regular

Snazishaz is a name known to allSnazishaz is a name known to allSnazishaz is a name known to allSnazishaz is a name known to allSnazishaz is a name known to allSnazishaz is a name known to allSnazishaz is a name known to allSnazishaz is a name known to allSnazishaz is a name known to allSnazishaz is a name known to allSnazishaz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
Not quite correct but thanks for helping. The more the merrier.

100 points is the minimum to enter the EOI pool. 140 points is an automatic pull from the EOI pool. An EOI stays in the pool for 6 months. Draws from the pool are usually fortnightly & there is a pecking order.

Thanks for the correction, i asked my cousin this who previously worked for immigration, and yes i you are right. It was 140 for and automatic pool, i had above that and was invited to apply for residency within the fortnight from sending EOI. Dont know what the pecking order is mind you. If you have above the min of 100 as in 125 then depending on the amount of EOI applications with 140 points,then there is still a chance you may get pulled if not like bev says it can sit in the pool for 6mths and if you still dont get it by then you need to submit an new EOI. Hopefully it wont come to that though. Check out the immigration web site it tells you exactly how many people have been taken from the pool and how many points they had and were there from. Pretty interesting. It updates fortnightly.