Plan B Work visa - entitlements?

Old Nov 16th 2010, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

Scousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to all
Default Plan B Work visa - entitlements?

Hi

If I fail in my quest to get my points back does anyone know what entitlements you can get in regards to work visas/permits?? Basically are you entitled to work tax credits, child benefit etc also what have people done in regards to medical needs? Bought insurance???

Need my contingency plan now!
Old Nov 16th 2010, 7:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Plan B Work visa - entitlements?

Originally Posted by Scousebird
Hi

If I fail in my quest to get my points back does anyone know what entitlements you can get in regards to work visas/permits?? Basically are you entitled to work tax credits, child benefit etc also what have people done in regards to medical needs? Bought insurance???

Need my contingency plan now!

Child benefit does not exist over here
I think you are entitled to it for 6 months once you move over from the UK.

Last edited by RobDon; Nov 16th 2010 at 7:27 pm.
Old Nov 16th 2010, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Aliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to all

hi scouse bird. I don't think having a work visa entitles you to any goverment supplied monies in nz, or health care. Have noticed most people tend to buy insurances.
But I think you may still be entitled to child benefit from the uk, but not tax credits.
Is my memory right and you're a nurse? If not ooops my bad !!
Old Nov 16th 2010, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

Scousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Aliwales
hi scouse bird. I don't think having a work visa entitles you to any goverment supplied monies in nz, or health care. Have noticed most people tend to buy insurances.
But I think you may still be entitled to child benefit from the uk, but not tax credits.
Is my memory right and you're a nurse? If not ooops my bad !!
close a social worker! Do you know about the free hours for childcare when they are 3 or is that a no go to?
Old Nov 17th 2010, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

Aliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to all

nope don't know! Sorry scouse bird

but as for boosting your points. . . Get a job before applying. I Had to do that to get enough "scores on the doors" but I appreciate it's easier said than done

Ali
Old Nov 17th 2010, 5:13 am
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure about the child care elements but as far as publicly funded healthcare goes it depends on the length of your work visa.
If your visa is for 2 years or longer you would be entitled to full health care the same as if you were on a PR visa. You might find this site useful to see what you would be entitled to depending on which visa you receive...
http://www.moh.govt.nz/moh.nsf/indexmh/eligibility-home
Old Nov 17th 2010, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lisamct
Not sure about the child care elements but as far as publicly funded healthcare goes it depends on the length of your work visa.
If your visa is for 2 years or longer you would be entitled to full health care the same as if you were on a PR visa. You might find this site useful to see what you would be entitled to depending on which visa you receive...
http://www.moh.govt.nz/moh.nsf/indexmh/eligibility-home
Many thanks guys - it's good to know others have been in the same position. Just gutted that I've probably lose the money for EOI if I'm not successful with any appeal.