British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Pic on Character / Police Certificate ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/pic-character-police-certificate-727832/)

Ahmed_2010 Aug 8th 2011 9:24 am

Pic on Character / Police Certificate ?

Hi,

Can anyone has experienced that immigration dept can do objection if the pic on character certificate is with glasses and background other than white and blue ?

Appreciate urgent reply.

Thanks.

robbyarg Aug 8th 2011 10:57 am

Re: Pic on Character / Police Certificate ?

Normally you have pics done without glasses. They may not reject but require you to send again. How is it possible that the certificate was done in the first place with glasses? Forgive me, but it sounds a bit inane for those taking the pic for the certificate.

All the best.

Originally Posted by Ahmed_2010 (Post 9544337)
Hi,

Can anyone has experienced that immigration dept can do objection if the pic on character certificate is with glasses and background other than white and blue ?

Appreciate urgent reply.

Thanks.

Ahmed_2010 Aug 9th 2011 6:36 am

Thanks robbyarg, it means i have to in advance request them (police) to change my pic otherwise looks like a delay factor will add if immigration dept asked me to do so ? make sense ? or let them go as is ?

Thanks

BEVS Aug 9th 2011 6:54 am

It would be best that your photos match the standard required for a passport photo.

If you know this isn't the case then get them redone.

Ahmed_2010 Aug 10th 2011 6:30 am

Thanks BEVS

arsalan Aug 10th 2011 10:00 am

Originally Posted by Ahmed_2010 (Post 9544337)
Hi,

Appreciate urgent reply.

Thanks.

You wont be rejected on the basis of that unless you look so different as compared to passport pic & police certificate pic. But better to use without glasses. You may give the new pic to the Police department & ask them to change it. & then stamp it. Its fine to have a delay of 1-2 days there than to have more delay because of this at immigration branch. ;)

Ahmed_2010 Aug 11th 2011 6:25 am

Thanks Arsalan. you are saying very right.

BEVS Aug 14th 2011 6:47 am

Originally Posted by Ahmed_2010 (Post 9552076)
Thanks Arsalan. you are saying very right.

Then it needs noting for others.