The phone rang this morning and.....

Old Jan 4th 2008, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

Izzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to all
Default The phone rang this morning and.....

... we have approval in principle, they are taking the Migrant Levy Fee today and our passports with visas will be in the post this afternoon!!!!!

Whahay!!!

At long last we've got through the bureaucracy and tomorrow will have PR visas for us both.... in our hands! It's like a minor miracle.

Now the panic starts - flights, somewhere to live, shipping our cats, house not sold, everything financial, saying farewell.... OMG
Old Jan 4th 2008, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

Animal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to all
Default Re: The phone rang this morning and.....

Can I be the first to congratulate you both, I bet the champagne will be flowing!!!! and that you are on cloud 9!!! Keep us posted!! and well done once again

Originally Posted by Izzy and Ian
... we have approval in principle, they are taking the Migrant Levy Fee today and our passports with visas will be in the post this afternoon!!!!!

Whahay!!!

At long last we've got through the bureaucracy and tomorrow will have PR visas for us both.... in our hands! It's like a minor miracle.

Now the panic starts - flights, somewhere to live, shipping our cats, house not sold, everything financial, saying farewell.... OMG
Old Jan 4th 2008, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

Izzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to all

Many thanks Animal Crackers.

It's very mixed emotions at the moment. Elation at getting the visa, concern for the people we will be leaving behind, scared of all the things we need to do in the next week and very, very excited at being able to start our new life.

Champagne for breakfast, dinner and tea in this house today!!!
Old Jan 4th 2008, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

Animal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to all

I bet it is, I can't begin to imagine how your feeling. Just wish it was us, but we're a long way off yet as we've both to finish our degrees so we're looking at 2 years at least. But we know that it will happen eventually.:curse:Have you been watching Wanted Down Under??
Many thanks Animal Crackers.

It's very mixed emotions at the moment. Elation at getting the visa, concern for the people we will be leaving behind, scared of all the things we need to do in the next week and very, very excited at being able to start our new life.

Champagne for breakfast, dinner and tea in this house today!!!
Old Jan 4th 2008, 3:10 pm

Tan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond repute

Many congrats
Old Jan 4th 2008, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

EmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really nice

Fantastic news - am so pleased for you. We are waiting for that call too!
Emma
Old Jan 4th 2008, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

wilekit is a jewel in the roughwilekit is a jewel in the roughwilekit is a jewel in the roughwilekit is a jewel in the roughwilekit is a jewel in the rough

Whahay!!!

Thats fantastic news, congratulations! We're kind of where you are now I suppose - as it happens me and the J-ster were just discussing when we should put in our work visa apps. I've got my job offer and the thingamummy bit of paper prospective employers send you to give the IS. The house went on the market this week, and we've set a going date of 1st march. Scary!!
Old Jan 5th 2008, 12:54 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Woo hoo!!!! Many many congratulations! Now get packing! Where are you headed?
Old Jan 5th 2008, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light

Brilliant news! Well done!

Are you hungover this morning?

Alison
Old Jan 5th 2008, 8:57 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

What a completely wonderful way to start the New Year.
Congratulations.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

malcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats.
Hope to be having some decent news myself shortly.
Have had to resort to employing a consultancy firm and plumbed for a NZ based one. They have assessed us as being eligible to apply for work to residence visa's and advertised my CV on their web site for prospective employers and i have already had a job offer with an insurance company as an insurance fraud investigator.
We are travelling over in August to attend interviews and start house hunting.
This could be the year.

Hope the weathers not too hot out there. It's bloody freezing here!
Old Jan 8th 2008, 8:49 pm
ned
BE Enthusiast

ned is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nice

Congratulations on your news.
It proves there is a way out of limboland

I spoke to my man at NZ House and he said he might look at the information I submited (as he requested) later on in the week if he gets round to it

Last edited by ned; Jan 8th 2008 at 9:42 pm.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ned
Congratulations on your news.
It proves there is a way out of limboland

I spoke to my man at NZ House and he said he might look at the information I submited (and he requested) later on in the week if he gets round to it
What a miserable git he was! Whilst in sunny NZ I got a phone call 'Sunday' just gone from a lovely lady from the Wellington Immigration office saying everything was okay with my application for the WTR Visa's (Accredited Employer) and that I should get everything back by the end of the week. They are so much nicer this side of the planet!!
Old Jan 8th 2008, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

Bit confused by ours.......had a call before Xmas to say we had been approved in principle and nothing since......

We assumed there would be a while between the call and them getting all the checks done but maybe not if some posts here are anything to go by.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

Ok...... just checked and we only got told on the 19th so in fairness to our case worker i suppose she was allowed a holiday for Christmas and new year....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.