Permenant visa

Old Feb 8th 2014, 11:44 am
Just Joined

janetlindsey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Permenant visa

Hi, I am going to apply for the skilled migrant visa which includes dependants under 25, as my sons who are coming with me and are 20 and 23. I'm not sure if/when they will be allowed to work too?
Old Feb 8th 2014, 9:59 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Permenant visa

If they get approved on your application then they can work once they are here and visa are in their passports.

Its getting them approved as dependants where you might have problems ??
Old Feb 9th 2014, 12:30 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

You are applying for residency under the SMC. Everyone on the application gets residency if this is granted.
This means they can live and work indefinitely in NZ. They can do any job.

A dependent child is aged up to 24y, unmarried and without children. They do not have to live with you but must rely mainly on an adult for financial support. Those between 18-20 are dependent even if they do not rely on an adult financially.
P
Old Feb 9th 2014, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

janetlindsey is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies, one is at college and the other on job seekers since finishing Uni, so they are both dependent on me at the moment.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 12:29 pm
Nz

moving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond repute

id imagine its the same as accredited work visa. u get residency after 2 years. we are going through this route. and i can work as im a spouse.
if they class them as dependents then yes they will be able to work too.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 2:37 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moving2NZ2013
id imagine its the same as accredited work visa. u get residency after 2 years. we are going through this route. and i can work as im a spouse.
if they class them as dependents then yes they will be able to work too.
No, the SMC is different. Everyone on the application gets residency right from the start (unless they are issued a job search visa which is not that often).
It is also not tied to a job like your accredited employer WTR visa is - apart from 3mth if the residency was gained with a job offer in place
P
Old Feb 10th 2014, 8:32 pm
Nz

moving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond repute

sorry didnt know that., i want one of them lol
Old Feb 10th 2014, 10:22 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Originally Posted by moving2NZ2013
sorry didnt know that., i want one of them lol
all ok. You might be able to....