Permanent Residency, Help!

Old Apr 15th 2013, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

fele is just really nicefele is just really nicefele is just really nicefele is just really nicefele is just really nicefele is just really nicefele is just really nicefele is just really nice
Default Permanent Residency, Help!

Hi folks,

Is there anyone have idea about the PR requirements for non-principal applicants? OH plans to go to NZ by himself, me and our little boy will stay here till he can sucessfully settle (like finding a house and a job for sure). Can we still obtain the PR if we don't spend enough time in NZ? Advices plzzzzz~

Fel
Old Apr 15th 2013, 5:26 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Permanent Residency, Help!

you just add yourself and child(ren) to your OH appilcation and get it at the same time. Think you have to "activate" it by entering the country within 12mths (?) of approval
Old Apr 15th 2013, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

fele is just really nicefele is just really nicefele is just really nicefele is just really nicefele is just really nicefele is just really nicefele is just really nicefele is just really nice

Thanks MrsFychan for the info!
Old Apr 15th 2013, 6:27 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

You will have to activate your resident visa within 12months of it going into your passports by travelling to NZ.
As for the PRV:
The only requirement for the grant of a permanent resident visa to a non-principal applicant is that the principal applicant must hold a permanent resident visa, unless:
i the non-principal applicant is excluded by the provisions of RV2.1; or
ii the provisions requiring a secondary applicant to be assessed independently of the principal applicant apply (RV1.20.1 to RV1.20.20); or
iii the non-principal applicant has never been in New Zealand as a resident (as required by RV1.5(d)).
So it appears there is no need for the non principal candidate to be in NZ for the required time to be granted a PRV, assuming the visa has been activated.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Persephone!
A question, if my son and I are not in NZ with OH when applying for the PRV, then how can we have a PR sticker then? i am thinking application and issurance of visa are doing on the date. plz correct me if i am wrong!
Old Apr 16th 2013, 2:31 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

It says that the only requirement is that the principal candidate holds a PRV. I cannot see why you could not send in for the stickers at a later date or even a different office. It should all be on file, assuming you have activated your visas and you were all on the original application.

That is my reading of it so you may want to double check with NZIS given that you may not be in NZ at the time.