Permanent Residency GRANTED!

Old May 5th 2013, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

M_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond repute
Default Permanent Residency GRANTED!

I am in New Zealand, I have been here a few weeks, having to come here on a temp work visa because the start date was so soon.

Hubby is still in the UK, completing the house sale etc.

The PR visa took 6 weeks from submission to being notified that it had been granted.

He now needs his passport back so he can come out and join me, whereas I need to work out where to send mine to to get the stickers!

Anyone know how long it takes from granted to getting the passport back?
Old May 5th 2013, 7:22 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Permanent Residency GRANTED!

Great News

We had our file transferred to the local Immigration office in NZ to get the blueys in. Ours just happened to be Wellington.
Where is your OH's passport? can he come over on it and have the blueys put in here or can he gets his in in the UK then transfer your's over.

Things you may need to ask your CO
Old May 5th 2013, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

M_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
Great News

We had our file transferred to the local Immigration office in NZ to get the blueys in. Ours just happened to be Wellington.
Where is your OH's passport? can he come over on it and have the blueys put in here or can he gets his in in the UK then transfer your's over.

Things you may need to ask your CO
Immigration have his, in London, which was sent with the original application. I have mine over here in NZ
Old May 5th 2013, 7:43 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Speak to your Case Officer and see if they can send your part of the application over here to get your Blueys in once then have done hubbys.
Old May 5th 2013, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by M_and_M
I am in New Zealand, I have been here a few weeks, having to come here on a temp work visa because the start date was so soon.

Hubby is still in the UK, completing the house sale etc.

The PR visa took 6 weeks from submission to being notified that it had been granted.

He now needs his passport back so he can come out and join me, whereas I need to work out where to send mine to to get the stickers!

Anyone know how long it takes from granted to getting the passport back?
......and just to confirm/clear up any confusion, you will have secured Residency Visas with travel conditions not Permanent Residency Visas that don't have any travel conditions.

PR can only be obtained after you have fulfilled the criteria of the Residency Visa after 2 years and you have made a further application for PR and paid the money - currently $180 per person I think.

In essence they are very similar - you can enter NZ on a Residency Visa and remain here permanently, but the problems will come if you leave the country after 2 years and you still only hold that visa.
You wouldn't have the right to return - PR visa needed for this after the initial 2 years.

Congrats!
Old May 5th 2013, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Ah yeH. It daisy residency not PR. dammit. The thought of being trapped here two years is worse than actually doing the move in the first place.
Old May 7th 2013, 7:22 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Ah yeH. It daisy residency not PR. dammit. The thought of being trapped here two years is worse than actually doing the move in the first place.
Congratulations M and M. Hope you're settling into NZ ok Hoping the above comment doesn't mean you're regretting the move

You're not trapped for two years! The travel conditions mean you can leave and re enter NZ as a resident whenever you want. As long as you spend >184 days in NZ in each of the two years preceding your travel conditions expiring then you will be eligible for a PRV.
Just wanted to make sure you didn't think you couldn't leave at all
Old May 8th 2013, 12:07 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Persephone
Hoping the above comment doesn't mean you're regretting the move
I wondered that yesterday and thought I had made a post but it seems not.

You're not trapped for two years! The travel conditions mean you can leave and re enter NZ as a resident whenever you want. As long as you spend >184 days in NZ in each of the two years preceding your travel conditions expiring then you will be eligible for a PRV.
Just wanted to make sure you didn't think you couldn't leave at all
Yis
Old May 8th 2013, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Regretting the move? The jury is still out on that.
Old May 8th 2013, 8:37 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Ah yeH. It daisy residency not PR. dammit.
What's daisy residency ?

You're at the sharp end of emigrating. Yes, it's hard work.

No one knows how emotionally difficult it all is i.e. all you've done as well as keeping a semblance of calm so you can do your job. People quit Britain for a less stressful life overseas.....

Only people who have emigrated understand what a long hard thankless slog it really is. As I once heard on a Hagen Daaz advert years ago, 'where's my joy ?'
Old May 8th 2013, 8:41 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Regretting the move? The jury is still out on that.
Give it time, it's early days. Is your husband in NZ yet? It will be so much harder being alone and having to deal with everything by yourself.
Stay in there