British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Passports and Visa's lost in the post!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/passports-visas-lost-post-705506/)

gazmfc Feb 15th 2011 10:46 am

Passports and Visa's lost in the post!!

Unbelievable, everything was complete and we were home and dry. Now we have to report the passports missing to the Police and IPS and request new passports and visa's.

All because our agent sent the parcel with said documents via recorded deliver and NOT via special delivery.....SO ANGRY!!! :mad:

theRices Feb 15th 2011 12:49 pm

Re: Passports and Visa's lost in the post!!

Originally Posted by gazmfc (Post 9177586)
Unbelievable, everything was complete and we were home and dry. Now we have to report the passports missing to the Police and IPS and request new passports and visa's.

All because our agent sent the parcel with said documents via recorded deliver and NOT via special delivery.....SO ANGRY!!! :mad:

Oh no :( what a night mare

rick78 Feb 15th 2011 1:25 pm

Another reason why not to use an agent... if you want it done properly, do it yourself! :thumbup:

I wish you the best of luck sorting it out though... will the agent be coughing up for costs?

gazmfc Feb 15th 2011 1:46 pm

[QUOTE=rick78;9177876]Another reason why not to use an agent... if you want it done properly, do it yourself! :thumbup:

I wish you the best of luck sorting it out though... will the agent be coughing up for costs?[/QUOTE

To be honest the agent has been superb and I genuinely believe we would still be waiting for the visa approval without his advice. However, this has put a dampener on the whole process and yes they have agreed to pick up all costs. :frown:

rick78 Feb 15th 2011 2:51 pm

I'm sure it will be fine... fingers crossed for you :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

LukeandJo Feb 15th 2011 7:50 pm

sounds like some money will be coming your way if the agent has messed up!

gazmfc Feb 15th 2011 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by LukeandJo (Post 9178797)
sounds like some money will be coming your way if the agent has messed up!

They have offered to pay for all costs associated to obtaining new passports and visa's!

gazmfc Feb 21st 2011 8:40 pm

Had a call off the agent today to say our passports and visa's have been returned to him....phew!

We still haven't got them in our hands but its still a big relief, they are now en route to us via a courier.

A result i think!! :thumbsup:

rick78 Feb 21st 2011 8:41 pm

Great news! :thumbup::thumbup: