Passport Help

Old Jan 7th 2013, 10:24 pm
NZ wannabe

Synky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to all
Default Passport Help

The immigration web site says that for a partner work via they need to provide

"your passport or travel document (this must be valid for at least three months after the date you plan to leave New Zealand)"

Our passports are up in 2 years but you can't renew until 9 months before. Therefore it won't be valid for the 3 months after the date we leave if I get issued with the 30 month work to residence visa. In fact my passport doesn't last that long.

Sounds a bit mad. Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

janiejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport Help

You can renew passports before 9 months before, we did. They added a few months onto the new passports, probably the 9 months. We read on here about the cost of renewal of a British passport from NZ added to the cost of transferring the permits, so figured it would be cheaper to get a new one before we came.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 9:19 pm
NZ wannabe

Synky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to all
Default Re: Passport Help

Yep that is the case. Thanks, I think we will do the same just to keep everything right with the visas.