Passport about to expire

Old May 19th 2009, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

Henryjohn is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Passport about to expire

Hi All,

Can I still go ahead and submit the documents for ITA if passport is about to expire in Sept this year?

I will get it renewed sometime in Aug. Is this ok? Can i submit the new passport when they still on the process of checking my documents.

I tried to find relevant information on NZ site, but there is no any requirement about passport expire date or so.

Any help will be great

Old May 19th 2009, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Passport about to expire

Originally Posted by Henryjohn
Hi All,

Can I still go ahead and submit the documents for ITA if passport is about to expire in Sept this year?

I will get it renewed sometime in Aug. Is this ok? Can i submit the new passport when they still on the process of checking my documents.

I tried to find relevant information on NZ site, but there is no any requirement about passport expire date or so.

Any help will be great

Hi,

I know this is slightly different but I applied in my maiden name as that was what was in my passport. I then had my passport changed to my married name and there was no problem at all. So if they can do that I cant see why they can't except your passport as long as you get it renewed by Sept.

Jo
Old May 20th 2009, 2:26 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Why not renew it now? You can get up to 9months added onto your passport if it is renewed early. For instance my passport is valid for 10y and 9m
You could send in a certified copy of your present passport with a note explaining that you are in the process of getting a new one and will send it in once you've received it. I don't see why that should be a problem. You don't want your new PR stickers in your present passport More cost then
Old May 20th 2009, 7:22 am
Just Joined

Thanks for sharing this.
Originally Posted by Jo-Chris
Hi,

I know this is slightly different but I applied in my maiden name as that was what was in my passport. I then had my passport changed to my married name and there was no problem at all. So if they can do that I cant see why they can't except your passport as long as you get it renewed by Sept.

Jo
Old May 20th 2009, 7:22 am
Just Joined

Yep, that is ture. Why don't i need to wait Will get it renewed asap. You mentioned i can attach a note alongside with my passport. Should i mention it in the cover letter or shout I attach a separated note with my present passport together?

Thanks

Originally Posted by Persephone
Why not renew it now? You can get up to 9months added onto your passport if it is renewed early. For instance my passport is valid for 10y and 9m
You could send in a certified copy of your present passport with a note explaining that you are in the process of getting a new one and will send it in once you've received it. I don't see why that should be a problem. You don't want your new PR stickers in your present passport More cost then
Old May 20th 2009, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

sam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Sue,

thought to ask about this later , but since this question is raised here so I would kindly need your comments about sending the renewed passport copy with the ITA bearing in mind that my present one will expire in June. I am planning to send my ITA hopefully by July and by that time my present passport will be expired. I already have a certified copy of it, and think that I will have to make another copy of the renewed one and send it along with the present passport copy in July. I believe that I need to mark a note in the Amendments section of the ITA form highlighting this change. Am I correct?

Thanks in advance

Sam
Old May 20th 2009, 10:48 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sam_79
Hi Sue,

thought to ask about this later , but since this question is raised here so I would kindly need your comments about sending the renewed passport copy with the ITA bearing in mind that my present one will expire in June. I am planning to send my ITA hopefully by July and by that time my present passport will be expired. I already have a certified copy of it, and think that I will have to make another copy of the renewed one and send it along with the present passport copy in July. I believe that I need to mark a note in the Amendments section of the ITA form highlighting this change. Am I correct?

Thanks in advance

Sam
The way I have read this is, that your passport will have expired by the time you submit your ITA, is this correct?

If yes, then can I suggest you get onto it now and submit the new one only with the ITA, otherwise you will confuse the issue. I don't think your passport number actually shows on your ITA does it? If so, then do as you say and list it on your opening page as an amendment.

YOU MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF 6 MONTHS ON YOUR PASSPORT BEFORE A PERMIT WILL BE ISSUED.
Old May 20th 2009, 1:26 pm
luckybean

angmargien is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Passport about to expire

Originally Posted by Henryjohn
Hi All,

Any help will be great

I would suggest getting your passport renewed BEFORE you submit your ITA so that its all under the same passport number. I had a similar circumstance, once your PR is granted they will request your passport for the residence visa and it would be better to have this ready to go.
Old May 21st 2009, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

sam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by P2L
The way I have read this is, that your passport will have expired by the time you submit your ITA, is this correct?

If yes, then can I suggest you get onto it now and submit the new one only with the ITA, otherwise you will confuse the issue. I don't think your passport number actually shows on your ITA does it? If so, then do as you say and list it on your opening page as an amendment.

YOU MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF 6 MONTHS ON YOUR PASSPORT BEFORE A PERMIT WILL BE ISSUED.
Hi P2L ,
Exactly, It will have expired by the time I submit my ITA. I will go onto renewing my passport now and I will submit my new passport certified copy along with the present passport copy.The Passport number shows on the ITA, so making this as an amendment will help the NZIS recognizes the change.
Thanks for the reply