Passing medicals.........

Old Aug 28th 2009, 11:37 am
Just Joined

shevvie is just really niceshevvie is just really niceshevvie is just really niceshevvie is just really niceshevvie is just really niceshevvie is just really niceshevvie is just really niceshevvie is just really nice
Question Passing medicals.........

Hi all

Just wondering about the ease of passing medicals?

I went for mine yesterday and after taking large amounts of blood from both arms leaving them very painful and telling me I have bendy thigh bones that make my knees face inwards- and that when I get older and my knees start to hurt from this not to undergo surgery but to put a wedge in my shoe...and then discussing my low BMI with half the surgery in the reception area-- Im just wondering about the liver tests! the doctor seemed to think they are very fussy about these and lots of people are asked to repeat them??
Something about enzyme levels been to high or low??

Has anyone had problems with this?

Hope to move in November as my partners already there!
Old Aug 28th 2009, 11:51 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passing medicals.........

Originally Posted by shevvie
Hi all

Just wondering about the ease of passing medicals?

I went for mine yesterday and after taking large amounts of blood from both arms leaving them very painful and telling me I have bendy thigh bones that make my knees face inwards- and that when I get older and my knees start to hurt from this not to undergo surgery but to put a wedge in my shoe...and then discussing my low BMI with half the surgery in the reception area-- Im just wondering about the liver tests! the doctor seemed to think they are very fussy about these and lots of people are asked to repeat them??
Something about enzyme levels been to high or low??

Has anyone had problems with this?

Hope to move in November as my partners already there!
Hi Shevvie & welcome!

Your medical sounds the complete opposite to mine! ... I can understand your concerns re blood test results ...try doing a search on here and you will read about some of the issues others have had ...BUT why not wait untill you get your results! you'll be fine!

Good luck with everything.
B x
Old Aug 28th 2009, 11:59 am
Just Joined

shevvie is just really niceshevvie is just really niceshevvie is just really niceshevvie is just really niceshevvie is just really niceshevvie is just really niceshevvie is just really niceshevvie is just really nice
Talking Re: Passing medicals.........

Hi!
Thanks for your reply!

It was a bit of a random medical alright!

Just hope I dont have to have the blood tests again......
will have to wait until next week and hope Im healthy lol!

Are you moving to NZ soon? or already there?!
Old Aug 28th 2009, 3:43 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shevvie
Hi!
Thanks for your reply!

It was a bit of a random medical alright!

Just hope I dont have to have the blood tests again......
will have to wait until next week and hope Im healthy lol!

Are you moving to NZ soon? or already there?!
Still in UK hoping to get to NZ Dec/Jan time .... just ploughing through paperwork to put in app for spouse visa plus 'do up' house we have just moved into here ... sounds odd I know but planning to rent in NZ for a couple of years and leaving son here to house sit!
B x
Old Sep 5th 2009, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

cheryl mac has a spectacular aura aboutcheryl mac has a spectacular aura aboutcheryl mac has a spectacular aura about

Hi!

We got a case officer last week and she has asked for a repeat liver test for my hubby obviously a bit worrying!

The doc who did our meds said results were high but in the range so bit surprised they want another.

He is on severe detox for a week, cranberry juice, water and fruit with milk thistle supplements!!! No alcohol, caffeine, red meat, processed food.

Please cross ur fingers and toes for us!

We also hope to have a positive decision by Xmas and out there in Jan... yikes.
Old Sep 5th 2009, 3:29 pm
MnB

Originally Posted by cheryl mac
Hi!

We got a case officer last week and she has asked for a repeat liver test for my hubby obviously a bit worrying!

The doc who did our meds said results were high but in the range so bit surprised they want another.

He is on severe detox for a week, cranberry juice, water and fruit with milk thistle supplements!!! No alcohol, caffeine, red meat, processed food.

Please cross ur fingers and toes for us!

We also hope to have a positive decision by Xmas and out there in Jan... yikes.
Hi ...there have been a few OP's that have had to repeat LFT's ..do a search cause you will find some useful info to help OH ...poor man ...detox for a week
Hope you get good news next time.
B x