Partnership visa declined, Rant.

Old Nov 7th 2011, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

gilliano77 has a brilliant futuregilliano77 has a brilliant futuregilliano77 has a brilliant futuregilliano77 has a brilliant futuregilliano77 has a brilliant futuregilliano77 has a brilliant futuregilliano77 has a brilliant future
Default Partnership visa declined, Rant.

My Kiwi boyfriend have been together for 3 years in the Uk, lived together for over 1 year, did IVF, as genuine as you could get but our partnership visa has been declined at NZ house London. My boyfriend had sponsored another girlfriend who moved over in 2004 but then left NZ in 2008. We thought it had been over 5 years between applications which it needs to be, but it has only been 4 years 1 month. I am an audiologist which is on the long term shortage list, and the IVF didn't work so no children will be using New Zealands medical and school system, I have degrees in business admin and audiology but they declined it because we made the stupid genuine mistake of thinking it had been 5 years. Short by 11 months. My boyfriend had to returned to NZ before we found it had been declined so I am stuck here in the UK. £1200 it has cost already and I think if they are not going to approve the visa first time is there any point in appealing. What does anybody think? I appreciate that having a New Zealand boyfriend is not a guarantee to getting a permanent residency visa but NZ is crying out for audiologists, I have no health problems, I have my own money and you don't do 3 cycles of IVF if you are not committed to someone. Its not like he's trafficking in ladies. we've been together over 3 years.

I understand that we did not comply with one piece of NZ immigration criteria, but I really feel its harsh especially as work wise I could be beneficial to NZ health care.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRr

Is it worth appealing???
Old Nov 7th 2011, 2:12 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Partnership visa declined, Rant.

can you not apply under your own right under the ltss?, know its going to cost.

Have the people at NZ house given you any advice as to you next best step?
Old Nov 7th 2011, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

I would also suggest apply under your own right. I don't think there will be any right of appeal, and you would need a smart lawyer in my view to see through that one if you tried it.

Jan
Old Nov 7th 2011, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

gilliano77 has a brilliant futuregilliano77 has a brilliant futuregilliano77 has a brilliant futuregilliano77 has a brilliant futuregilliano77 has a brilliant futuregilliano77 has a brilliant futuregilliano77 has a brilliant future

Unfortunately Mrs Fychan the ltss is an even more frustrating story, I won't bore you with it, but that route is likely to be declined because British audiologists can't officially work in all sectors of audiology in NZ due to a very antiquated rule that the NZ audiology society has. However if you can get in to NZ most of the hospitals and private sector aren't bothered about a little bit of paper, they realise that you can do the job.

Fortunately the Uk welcomes NZ audiologist but the NZ society wont reciprocate hence a massive shortage.

So my only hope is an appeal on the partnership/residency visa but I'm so disheartened by the whole process. Its barriers barriers barriers and I thought it would be a little bit easier than this.

Has anyone any experience of an appeal?
Old Nov 7th 2011, 6:14 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

If you have the money could you not go over and look for a work, (not really supposed to on holiday visa but needs must) then if you get one apply for a temp work visa so you can stay and put in for PR.?

Only other thing is wait for the 5year thing and reapply. ?

If the appeal is going to be costly I personally would speak to your assigned case officer and ask them their honest opinion of the likely outcome rather than spending out lots of money on something you may not have any chance of winning.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

I think you are right. They are not going to budge on the declining of PR and I just have to let it go crushing as it is.

I'll give my case officer a ring tomorrow in any case, I wonder if it would have just been him that made the decision.

I need to get used to the idea of a 3rd snowy winter in a row and the fact I'll never see my boyfriend or cookie times again. grrr
Old Nov 8th 2011, 5:14 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

We thought it had been over 5 years between applications which it needs to be, but it has only been 4 years 1 month.
Hhmm. That's just about a whole year short of the requirement. How did your OH mis-calculate by that much out of interest ?
Although one cannot know for sure, I would doubt that an appeal would give a positive outcome here.

Personal view is that you should start looking for a job offer as your occupation is on the LTSSL

I'm not sure where the NZ audiology society comes into it as according to the NZIS website registration and licensing is not one of their requirements . Are you saying that your audiologist degree would not be recognised?
Old Nov 8th 2011, 6:49 am
Just Joined

Hi Bevs, he miscalculated as he is a very laid back kiwi grrr!!

I will check the NZIS website that registration is not a requirement that is a positive.

It does say however that I would need to have the equivalent audiology qualification which is advised by the NZ audiology society . The NZ audiology society do not recognise the 4 year Bsc Audiology degree we do here. You have to have the equivalent of their 2 year masters which we don't do in England instead we train for 4 yrs not 2! If I applied for a ltssl they check for equivalent qualifications and as a masters is higher than BSc it will be declined. I know this as many have tried.

I think I contact some agencies re the job offer route and see if there is a way, although I am very sceptical now. I shall definitely not be parting with any more money until I know for sure that I an eligible!! The good thing that has come out of it is I know I have a healthy pair of lungs and passed the medical!!

Thanks for the advice everybody, I won't appeal no point.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

BevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to all

Originally Posted by gilliano77
Hi Bevs, he miscalculated as he is a very laid back kiwi grrr!!
I can appreciate this statement. My kiwi OH is exactly the same!!! Sorry I can't help with your situation. Good luck though. I hope you get here eventually
Old Nov 14th 2011, 6:48 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

As a BsC in Audiology is regarded as only entry level to practice in the UK but not at all in NZ, would you not be better off as suggested gaining entry into NZ as a student whilst enrolling for your Masters there.
Old Nov 14th 2011, 7:30 pm
`

Originally Posted by Stormer999
As a BsC in Audiology is regarded as only entry level to practice in the UK but not at all in NZ, would you not be better off as suggested gaining entry into NZ as a student whilst enrolling for your Masters there.
I've been playing that thought around myself.

Karma mate.
Old Nov 14th 2011, 8:06 pm
`

Did your BF have to leave NZ because of visa issues. Is there not time for him to return to the UK to fulfil the partnership visa requirements?

If you were to consider studying in NZ then it would probably mean international student fees I think. You would need to get your degree assessed first , not just for the level but also to be matched against the NZ modules for prior learning.

Would you consider completing a masters in the UK in order to come to NZ.
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 1:43 am
sjo
Forum Regular

sjo will become famous soon enough

Hi,

Also consider whether you'd be willing to move to Australia for a bit, and then go to NZ. Aus will recognise your degree but you will have to sit an exam through the Audiological Society. I know a few that have done this. I also know some employers will pay you while you get through this process - and let you work as an audiometrist until you get the approval to work as audiologist.

You might want to check if being recognised in Aus would help you get recognition to work in NZ.

It's just a thought.
Old Nov 26th 2011, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

Hi Bev, thank you for your thoughts... my boyfriend left because he couldn't face another winter here and his visa expires next year. There is no way I'd get him to come back to the UK for the time we need to be eligible for the partnership visa.

The international fee to do the audiology masters is $30,000 so that's a no no no.

Hi sjo, I did contact the NZAS and they said that they would not accept me even if I worked in Australia as an audiologist. I did think about that route!!!

However my boyfriend would like to work in Australia so it may we'll have to forget New Zealand and go there. I don't want to but it looks like the only way. Its been nearly 2 months now and I did have some hope when I saw on the news that a 102 yr old British lady has been accepted by NZ immigration on the family visa. Maybe if I keep trying for the next 60 years they'll accept me!!!
Old Dec 3rd 2011, 10:41 am
MVM
Just Joined

MVM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gilliano77
Hi Bev, thank you for your thoughts... my boyfriend left because he couldn't face another winter here and his visa expires next year. There is no way I'd get him to come back to the UK for the time we need to be eligible for the partnership visa.

The international fee to do the audiology masters is $30,000 so that's a no no no.

Hi sjo, I did contact the NZAS and they said that they would not accept me even if I worked in Australia as an audiologist. I did think about that route!!!

However my boyfriend would like to work in Australia so it may we'll have to forget New Zealand and go there. I don't want to but it looks like the only way. Its been nearly 2 months now and I did have some hope when I saw on the news that a 102 yr old British lady has been accepted by NZ immigration on the family visa. Maybe if I keep trying for the next 60 years they'll accept me!!!
Sorry I read this bit late. As an adviser I do have some concerns about the first decline..I am happy to look at the decline letter and advise you free of charge (no catch in it)

Shehzad Raja
IAA#200901559