Partnership visa but not living together

Old Sep 29th 2011, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

Pig_It is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Partnership visa but not living together

Hi there,

I was looking for some advice. I am looking to move to NZ to persue my career in the pig industry, so I can get a work visa as I'm on the shortage list. However my partner is a arable worker and has already been over and used his hoiday visa, so would have to ome over as my partner. The one problem is we do not live together as there are no pig jobs down his way and he moved down to a better job after working where I currently work. I don't know if I can justify this to immigration, or whether they are quite strict on living together.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Louise
Old Sep 30th 2011, 7:54 am
Just Joined

ellenl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Partnership visa but not living together

Hi Louise

You do have to have lived together for 2 years to get a partner visa if you're partner is a resident - so i'm presuming it's the same if you go over for work?
They ask for evidence of living together etc..

Hope that helps a little.

Ellen
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 10:29 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Partnership visa but not living together

Ellen, you have to have lived together for 12 months if you are wanting to gain residence under partnership or to be included as a partner on a skilled residence application. Not 2 years.

Pig-It, your partner would have to apply for a temporary work visa on the back of yours. From what I can see there is no minimum living together requirements for this option. However the operations manual does mention 'living together' though as I said there are no times given.
The link is here: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...milystream.htm
If you can prove you have been together a good amount of time despite not living together [and you can give good reasons for why this is] then this may be acceptable. However I cannot give you a definite answer.
I know phoning NZIS is very expensive but do either of you live near enough to London to go into their office and ask them directly?