partnership visa application queries

Old Jun 7th 2010, 8:43 am
Just Joined

HunnyB is an unknown quantity at this point
Question partnership visa application queries

hi all...
seem to have collected all the evidence i have of our relationship so far,communication records pictures of holiday in thailand and time spent whilst he in UK and me in NZ.

I no that because our relationship is less than 12 months that i can only apply for a temp work visa under partnership, which is only valid for 12 months.

I was wondering ..... do i answer yes or no to staying more than 12 months in the section under police and medical certificates, or is that not required until i apply for extention or for my residence visa/permit.??

Can i just send in my application and wait to see if they ask me for these things..??

also under section h1 what can i write as my date that i will finally leave new zealand... ??

one last thing.. its the easiest requirement to meet.. : that we are not related, but what exactly are they looking to prove this..???

Thanks for anyhelp.. want to get this off within the next few days, does anyone know roughly how long it will take to get this visa,,,????
Old Jun 7th 2010, 9:32 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: partnership visa application queries

Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
I was wondering ..... do i answer yes or no to staying more than 12 months in the section under police and medical certificates,
I would answer yes to more than 12mths if your target is to stay that long, it will trigger the police and medicals but at least you can provide them now and know they are done.

also under section h1 what can i write as my date that i will finally leave new zealand... ??
That is difficult, I don´t have an answer for that I´m afraid!

one last thing.. its the easiest requirement to meet.. : that we are not related, but what exactly are they looking to prove this..???
Birth certs showing different parents.....?
Old Jun 7th 2010, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

thanks for that...
can i send in my application now and defer sending in the medical and police reports, and in the mean time apply for these documents... i need the visa being processed asap as i am in court proceedings to take my 5 year old daughter out of the country, and they need some sort of information back from immigration.

also my partner has no idea where his birth certificate is , is there any other way to prove we are not related.?

cheers
Old Jun 7th 2010, 2:19 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Don´t think you can defer as NZIS state any visa application without all the required docs will be returned....

Try calling them and see if they can help with the statement or whatever you need for the court??
Old Jun 7th 2010, 2:22 pm
It is what it is Member

also my partner has no idea where his birth certificate is , is there any other way to prove we are not related.?
Can´t see how you would prove that negative without a DNA test, best to get him to apply for a copy and then show that you are desecendants of different peeps. Hopefully
Old Jun 7th 2010, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

Sarah1999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Just leave the leaving NZ part blank. That's what we did and they never complained.

You need to send everything off together, birth certs, medicals etc.

Can your partner apply for a new birth cert? You can get them pretty fast these days.

Hope it all works out with your kid

Sarah
Old Jun 8th 2010, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

ok so partner applying for his birth cert...
will a copy, of BC or even a copy of the cerified copy do... as he in NZ, or will have to be original , or orginal of certified copy...???

and ive booked medicals for me and my daughter for monday...
what all do i need to bring with me...??? and will they refer me to get a xray or do i have to book that seperately myself..??

I know for temporary entry work visa under partnership we do not have to live together, just prove that we are in a relationship. is there anywhere that states this.. Because in the form and the guidance application it states "living together in genuine and stable relationship" and the courts here cant see how this doesnt actually mean living in the same household... confusing

thanx
Old Jun 8th 2010, 4:16 pm
It is what it is Member

Original or original of a certified copy, don´t think emailed scans would cut it.

Yes both form and guidance use the phrase "living together in a genuine and stable partnership", but they seem to take that as together in the relationship, not together in any particular accomodation.

Indeed the evidence of shared accomodation is listed as "may include".

If you have a short and long-distance relationship then several of their examples would be hard to provide as they may not exist.

Remember there is also the INZ-1146 form that your partner will need to complete, get attested and send to you, it includes a statutory declaration regarding the partnership.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Might pay to know that you don't neccesarily have to do a your medical now. You only need a medical if you will be getting a visa that is valid for more than one year. Since you'll only be getting a one year visa initially, you could wait until you need to renew your visa next time round
Old Jun 9th 2010, 9:02 am
Just Joined

hey sarah.. thanks for that , does that mean i can send my application off now without medical, even though i have to say it is my intention to stay longer?,,
do i not need my police cert either as its over 24 months.??
or how does that work..??

n does anyone know how recent the certified copy of the birth certificate has to be.. My partner found a certified copy but its from 1994, would that surfice..??

Old Jun 9th 2010, 9:51 am
It is what it is Member

n does anyone know how recent the certified copy of the birth certificate has to be.. My partner found a certified copy but its from 1994, would that surfice..??
Thats a good one, I would have thought a certified copy is a certified copy as a birth cert doesn't age or go out of date. You might want to check that whoever certified it still exists and can be contacted, if they do and can I would put in a cover note to that effect so NZIS can verify it if they want to...
Old Jun 9th 2010, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Technically you wouldn't need the medical or police cert just yet but if I were you I would give INZ a call and just verify that (but make sure you clarify you are applying for a temp work visa)